"Travel Notes from Perhentian Kecil" Pulau Perhentian Kecil by gdilieto
Pulau Perhentian Kecil Travel Guide: 230 reviews and 494 photos
Perhentian Kecil is the place you want to go to disconnect from the world. Almost in the real sense of the word, since you won't find anything else but the jungle, white-sand beach, crystal-clear sea and few locals catering to the few tourists that the island can host.
I spent in Perhentian Kecil one an a half day when I was living in Malaysia, being recommended Perhentian Kecil as an enchanting place to visit. I went on the last week of October, with the tourist season almost over and many of the tourist places closed for the upcoming monsoon season. At time of my visit there were only few chalets and one restaurant/cafe open, catering to the some twenty tourists on the island. The picture above captures Long Beach, the main beach on the island, where the majority of tourist are usually accomodated. There is another smaller beach on the other side of the island, Coral Bay (see picture here). There is also a village in the island, but I haven't had chance to visit it.
If you travel to Perhentian Kecil, you must have no expectations about comfort. Accomodation is just basic (but new upscale places may be being developed, I suspect); a bed and a fan is most likely what you're going to get. I had a chalet with air conditioning that regularly did not work (click here for further details). No fine dining (you will eat at the cafes on the beach) and about nightlife you shall do yourself with your fellow travellers. But, after all, if you come here this is what you want to enjoy.
See my Photo Collection for some more images from Perhentian Kecil.
The major attraction of Perhentian Kecil, along with the sea, is under the sea. There are coral reefs around nearby the island and diving and snorkeling is what you may want end up doing. I wish I could tell you about the coral reefs, but unfortunaly I run out of cash on the island and no credit cards, no cash dispensers, no way of getting cash whatsoever. Be advised then: take enough cash with you when you depart to the island. Also see my Warning Tip on the subject.
Are you looking for a nice opportunity of fine dining with your partner? Here it is, this is the ONLY place that was open during my visit to Perhentian Kecil. All the some twenty tourists on the island gathered here for lunch and dinner. Rice and noodles dishes, some basic western meals, and your choice of fresh seafood grilled for you on the BBQ. Simple, cozy and delicious.
- Pros:White-sand beach, cristal-clear water.
- Cons:White-sand beach and cristal-clear water ONLY.
- In a nutshell:For beach and nature lovers.
See picture for a sample of warning postings you'll find in Perhentian Kecil :-). Go To My Perhentian Home Page more travel advice
Boats to Perenthian islands (both Kecil and Besar) depart from Kuala Besut, a small village on the inland that can be... more travel advice
gdilieto's Related Pages
Pulau Perhentian Kecil Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Place for Winding Down"
- "Perhentian Kecil - The Younger Sister of Besar"
- "Life's a beach."
- "Pulau Perhentian"
- "Blue Blue Beaches"
- "The Diving Place....and more"
- "Perfect Long Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Hotels in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Transportation in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Nightlife in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Restaurants in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Shopping in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- 4 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Pulau Perhentian Kecil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
Photos in Pulau Perhentian KecilSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Granada Intro, 23 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Panamá City Intro, 16 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 18 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Creel Intro, 17 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 13 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guanajuato Intro, 14 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lago de Atitlán Intro, 11 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tlacotalpan Intro, 9 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ponce Intro, 8 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.
Latest Pulau Perhentian Kecil hotel reviews
- Shari-La Island Resort
- 106 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Maya Guesthouse
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 12, 2013
- Lily Chalet
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2010
- Moonlight Chalet
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2013
- Mohsin Chalets
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 15, 2013
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Matahari Chalet
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Petani Beach House
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 26, 2013