"jackies travels" shipwayj's Profile

biggie holiday

My biggest holiday ever was last october 2007,I had wished all my life to go to Australia, just had a bee in my bonnet, and finaly last year did just that, took hubby and my parents as there was an ulterior motive, my penpal lives there, Perth WA, we have been writing since we were 9, and now are both 42/3, I still had allways wanted to go and my dream came true, it was everything and more, I wouldn't say I did everyting I wanted to do, as my next ambition was to swim with dolphins, wasn't to be as there is a massive conservation project all over WA, and you can get in the sea with them but aren't allowed to actually go to them if they come to you its fine, but still had a ball though, we travelled to Perth, spent a week, then flew north to Broome, and got a hire car, and travelled back to Perth staying in various places, and saw an awful lot of nothing/outback in between!

smaller trips

I have travelled more in the past 3-4 years than ever, suppose its to do with my children all grown up, as I am now a Nanny with two grandsons born a day apart, to my two daughters, also have two from my stepson and step daughter, three boys in total and a girl.
I went to Dublin in november 2006, what a pretty place that is, have been to Amsterdam, Barcelona and am going to a place called gerona, nr Barcelona in april, they have been 3-4 day stopovers, also Edinburgh for a day. so now I have gone on long enough, I will quit for now.

• Intro Written Feb 20, 2007

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!