"Langkawi Island - Malaysia" Pulau Langkawi by Nenocovic
Pulau Langkawi Travel Guide: 1,550 reviews and 3,951 photos
The most comfortable way to reach this exquisite Island is by air from Kuala Lumpur airport. As far as I remember it was one hour flight. The Langkawi International Airport is situated 20 kilometres from the main town Kuah. Langkawi is situated off the northwestern coast of Peninsular Malaysia, Pulau Langkawi is the largest among an archipelago of 99 islands collectively known as Langkawi.
Public transport is limited so the best way is to make arrangement with hotel resort for someone to pick you up at arrival. During your stay you can use taxi for visiting all parts of Island. It is very very cheap.
We stayed at Holiday Villa beach resort for 10 nights. It was beautiful and exotic experience. It is situated near beach and has great outdoor pool and jacuzzi. Rooms are spacious and food is great as well. Hotel staff is very friendly and caring.
Take taxi to Kuah from your resort. It is very cheap. Kuah is small town, nothing special but interesting to see.
Kuah has its charms a few landmark attractions like Dataran Lang – also known as Eagle Square. You will be surprised at the beauty of the colossal eagle in flight statue.
It is a massive 12-metre monument in the shape of a sea eagle on rocks.
People are friendly, children especially.
- Lagenda Langkawi Dalam Taman - ‘folklore’-themed park with 17 statues from Langkawi’s myths.
- Moorish-style Al-Hana Mosque. It is the largest and most popular mosque on the islandLangkawi
- Crocodile Farm
- Kompleks Budaya Kraf (Cultural Craft Complex)
- Underwater World Langkawi
- Pros:clean, lot to see, everything is cheap
- In a nutshell:perfect holiday on far east
This is a scenic park with beautifully landscaped gardens and there are also four artificial lakes and a man-made beach.... more travel advice
Nenocovic's Related Pages
Pulau Langkawi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Langkawi - Historic Mythical Island"
- "LANGKAWI .WHERE THE HEART IS"
- "Pulau Langkawi"
- "Where heaven and earth meets"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Langkawi
- Hotels in Pulau Langkawi
- Transportation in Pulau Langkawi
- Nightlife in Pulau Langkawi
- Restaurants in Pulau Langkawi
- Shopping in Pulau Langkawi
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Langkawi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Langkawi
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Pulau Langkawi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Langkawi
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 8 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Almada Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 4 reviews
- Paris Intro, 3 photos
- Brugge Intro, 3 photos
- Brussels Intro, 3 photos
- Antwerp Intro, 3 photos