"The Birth Place of Russia" Top 5 Page for this destination Nizhniy Novgorod by mallyak
Nizhniy Novgorod Travel Guide: 109 reviews and 327 photos
Over here people used to wear leather boots instead of bast shoes, the streets were cobbled from ancient times, the commoners were in correspondence with each other, and all the rulers were welcomed and banished whenever the Novgorodians wanted. Over here you can find yourself standing at the very place from where- as the legend says – an idol of murderous Perun the pagan Deity was thrown into the water of the Volkhov river to get drown, you can swim in the lake on the banks of which Sadko the merchant sang his entrancing songs, participate in martial performances of Novgorod vityazes (“knights”) of these days. Over here in this very place you can witness in full the cross-time native atmosphere of Russian Land.
The Belfry of St. Sophia Cathedral is the major bell tower of the city of Novgorod. Dating from mid-15th century, it was... more travel advice
This iron statue is in the park in the center of the Kremlin. It was created in 1862 and is ringed by an interesting... more travel advice
mallyak's Related Pages
Nizhniy Novgorod Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "an interesting place to go"
- "Last stop before Moscow (for me) on the Trans SRR"
- "The Birth Place of Russia"
- "Nizhny Novgorod (ex-Gorky)"
- "Oka and Volga meets eachother"
- "Nizhney Novgorad, or formerly known as Gorky"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nizhniy Novgorod
- Hotels in Nizhniy Novgorod
- Transportation in Nizhniy Novgorod
- Nightlife in Nizhniy Novgorod
- Restaurants in Nizhniy Novgorod
- Shopping in Nizhniy Novgorod
- Warnings and Dangers in Nizhniy Novgorod
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nizhniy Novgorod
- 4 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Nizhniy Novgorod?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nizhniy Novgorod
- Commented on one of mallyak's Nizhniy Novgorod travel pages
- Posted in Travel India Forum "Re: Is it possible to get a visa..."
- Wrote a Review The Belfry of St. Sophia Cathedral in Nizhniy Novgorod Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Belfry of St. Sophia Cathedral"
- created a Nizhniy Novgorod Travel Page "The Birth Place of Russia"
Photos in Nizhniy NovgorodSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 31 reviews, 107 photos
- Sydney Intro, 21 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 22 reviews, 97 photos
- Moscow Intro, 24 reviews, 91 photos
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poland Intro, 23 reviews, 70 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 22 reviews, 71 photos
- Berlin Intro, 21 reviews, 70 photos
- Prague Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denmark Intro, 20 reviews, 65 photos