"Snow In India???" State of Himachal Pradesh by mallyak
State of Himachal Pradesh Travel Guide: 427 reviews and 1,025 photos
Himachal Pradesh, spread over 55,673 sq.km. is bordered by Jammu and Kashmir on north, Punjab on west and south-west, Haryana on south Uttaranchal on south -east and by Tibet on the east. It is a mountainous region, known for the natural beauty of its forests, rivers, valleys, hills and dales and is rich in natural resources
Himachal has rich flora. Forests cover about 38% of the area. Several varieties of vegetation from the Himalayan meadows and high altitude birch and down to the tropical shrub and bamboo forests of the low foot hills are found here. It has a variety of wild life too.
Himachal has 49 cities and towns. The smallest town is Naina Devi and the largest is Shimla with a population of about 6,17,404. Urban population is only 7.5% of the total population. Most of the people live in rural habitations varying in size from isolated hamlets to conglomerated settlements.
The most charming and beautiful Kulu valley spreads out its charm on either side of river Beas. The valley runs north to south of this river and is 80kms. long and about 2kms. at its broadest. Yet with awe inspiring glens and mossy meadows encircled by the rushing streams and meandering brooks, flung east & west, a fairly wide area is open to the tourists, the trekkers, the mountaineers, the artists and to anyone who wishes to escape the heat & dust of the plains to breathe the exhilarating air of the Himalaya and enjoy the spectacle of the variegated mountain scenery. The valley is also famous for its exquisitely woven colourful hand made shawls and kullu caps.
ROHTANG PASS (3979 m): Rohtang pass is 51kms. from Manali on highway to Keylong/Leh. It offers a panorama and... more travel advice
mallyak's Related Pages
State of Himachal Pradesh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beauty Unlimited"
- "Kinnaur to Spiti............to heaven on earth"
- "Dev Bhoomi - Himachal-- Abode of Gods"
- "Himalayan Escape"
- "Glory of the Himalayas/Valley of Gods"
- "Snow In India???"
- "Longest MotorBike Trip till now."
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Himachal Pradesh
- Hotels in State of Himachal Pradesh
- Transportation in State of Himachal Pradesh
- Nightlife in State of Himachal Pradesh
- Restaurants in State of Himachal Pradesh
- Shopping in State of Himachal Pradesh
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Himachal Pradesh
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in State of Himachal Pradesh
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to State of Himachal Pradesh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Himachal Pradesh
- Posted in Travel India Forum "Re: Is it possible to get a visa..."
- Commented on one of mantru's State of Himachal Pradesh travel pages
- Wrote a Review SOLANG VALLEY: in State of Himachal Pradesh Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rohatang pass"
- updated a State of Himachal Pradesh Travel Page "Snow In India???"
Photos in State of Himachal PradeshSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 31 reviews, 107 photos
- Sydney Intro, 21 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 22 reviews, 97 photos
- Moscow Intro, 24 reviews, 91 photos
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poland Intro, 23 reviews, 70 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 22 reviews, 71 photos
- Prague Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos
- Berlin Intro, 21 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denmark Intro, 20 reviews, 65 photos