"A world heritage city" Bordeaux by mallyak
Bordeaux Travel Guide: 526 reviews and 1,425 photos
Practise your best santé - you'll be raising your glass a lot in Bordeaux, home to one of France's seven key wine regions and known for its award-winning big reds. Tour the chateaux, imbibe the world-class wines and indulge in the regional cuisine, but remember that Bordeaux offers much more.
The city has excellent museums, lively nightlife and beaches close by. Wide avenues, neoclassical architecture and well-tended parks all give the city a certain 18th-century grandeur. An ethnically diverse population and a lively university community of some 60,000 students complete the picture.
Leaning on the 12th century church of St. Eloi, this tremendous passage was constructed in the 13th century. The vault... more travel advice
Built for the Archbishop of Bordeaux in 1771, the palace of Rohan features a grand staircase and an intricately... more travel advice
mallyak's Related Pages
Bordeaux Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Through the Looking Glass"
- "A Surprisingly Interesting City"
- "Bordeaux - La Belle Au Bois Dormant"
- "Bienvenue a Bordeaux"
- "Bordeaux Historic and wine city"
- "One day sure wasn't enough"
- "Bonjour! Bourdeaux, France!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bordeaux
- Hotels in Bordeaux
- Transportation in Bordeaux
- Nightlife in Bordeaux
- Restaurants in Bordeaux
- Shopping in Bordeaux
- Warnings and Dangers in Bordeaux
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bordeaux
- 5 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Bordeaux?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bordeaux
- updated a Bordeaux Travel Page "A world heritage city"
- Posted in Travel India Forum "Temple Tour"
- Commented on one of MEdelmann's Bordeaux travel pages
- Wrote a Review La Grosse Cloche \ the big Clock about La Grosse Cloche- The Big Clock in Bordeaux Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "La Grosse Cloche \ the big Clock"
Photos in BordeauxSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 31 reviews, 107 photos
- Sydney Intro, 21 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 22 reviews, 97 photos
- Moscow Intro, 24 reviews, 91 photos
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poland Intro, 23 reviews, 70 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 22 reviews, 71 photos
- Prague Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos
- Berlin Intro, 21 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denmark Intro, 20 reviews, 65 photos