"The Big Island" Hawaii (Big Island) by sarams

Hawaii (Big Island) Travel Guide: 1,934 reviews and 4,875 photos

A Business Trip

Ah, the sacrifices I'll make for my job. I was forced to present a paper I wrote at an astronomy conference. Darn the luck, it was in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. However, being a loyal company woman, I bit the bullet and made the trip. Despite the harsh sacrifices required, I decided to stay a few extra days and explore the island.

• In a nutshell:It was a tough assignment, but somebody had to do it...
  • Last visit to Hawaii (Big Island): Mar 2007
  • Intro Updated Mar 31, 2007

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2007 at 7:42 PM

Being to Maui but not Big Island. So I enjoyed a wonderful virtual tour of the different beaches and sights. Hope to visit Big Island and other islands when I go to Hawaii again :)

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2007 at 1:55 AM

Black sand, wild donkeys and just 5° C! You 've given me some completely new ideas about Hawaii. A great page! I love your pictures. Mark had already told me you're a wonderful photographer.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2007 at 11:14 AM

Great, marvellous ahh wonderful, Sara :-)) Hihi, you have the same dry humour as Mark :-) Great to have you here as well :-) Ahh, I love these rainbow photos (I also chase rainbows) and to see hot lava.... wow :-)

• Hopkid's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2007 at 12:40 PM

Nice job on your Big Island/Kona/Volcanoes National Park pages. I was just in Hawaii (Oahu and Kauai) earlier this month. Can't wait to go back!

• elucas's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2007 at 2:27 PM

Lovely pictures, sounds a great trip. Amazing landscape at Mauna Kea. Perhaps you will have a chance to return to Hawaii one day. Liz.

sarams

“Don't try to see everything, or you'll end up seeing nothing.”

Badges & Stats in Hawaii (Big Island)

Have you been to Hawaii (Big Island)?