"Boarder town near " Behind Gods back yard"" Kukes by VikingHarald
Kukes Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 6 photos
In the year 1999 I spent six months in Albania and from these three weeks in town Kukes.
Albania is really beautiful country with mountains and amazing landscapes.
People are warm heart and hospitality. What smallest village you´ll go - much greater people you´ll find.
In the evening and nights you ll see lights up in the mountains and hills. There locate smaller villages.
From Kukes to boarder cross point Morin is abr 20 kilometers distance. From boarder to Prishtina capital of Kosovo ( now UN:s administrated area part of Former Yugoslavia) is abr. 80 kilometers. From Phristina is bus connection to Macedonia.
From Phristina to seaside town of Albania Durres by bus is abr 280 kilometers and this takes time by bus abr 10 hours nowadays. (confirmed information from my friend, still works in summer times).
I travelled with off road car(most recomended in AL) from Kukes to capitol of Albania Tirana and this took those days abr 9 hours. (abr 200 kilometers) Roads was in bad conditions.
Cross the bridges demand little extreme, so big holes was on these bridges. I hope that developement has happend with roads in AL.
Much quicker way was to fly by helicopter which took 30 minutes from Tirana to Kukes.
By car traveling you loose time but you are more richer with landscapes.
In Kukes we used one excellent fish restaurant and Ill put this restaurant later in my pages when I find this photo. This fish restaurant belongs to my TOP 10 in world , which I ever has eaten delicous fish.
Albania is quite mountains area where road connections between towns take times. People and land is called: The land of mountains and eagles.
The eagle symbole you´ll find also from Albanians flag.
- Pros:Riwer,mountains ...and beauty of nature
- Cons:Aside the road from Phristina to Durres
- In a nutshell:Two rivers crossing like near heaven....
During the summer 1999 I worked in Albania and some weeks here in this border town Kukes. This was the towns best fish... more travel advice
VikingHarald's Related Pages
Kukes Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kukes
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kukes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kukes
- Wrote a Review KUKES-One of the TOP Fish restaurants in the world in Kukes Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "KUKES-One of the TOP Fish restaurants in the world"
- updated a Kukes Travel Page "Boarder town near " Behind Gods back yard""
- Posted in Travel Rovaniemi Forum "RE: RE: RE: Ticks?"
Top 10 Pages
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 10 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 54 photos, 7 travelogues
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 2 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kustavi Intro, 3 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Egypt Intro, 1 review, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Finland Intro, 2 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Uusikaupunki Intro, 3 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Estonia Intro, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Crete Island Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos