"Shar's Adventures" shargurl's Profile
Ok, so maybe I don't know the difference between a tourist and a traveler. I may very well be a tourist, since I do "do" a lot of touristy things. Maybe being an actual traveler is when you don't do the touristy things! Either way, I still go places, and that's all that matters, right? I have really enjoyed seeing many places, and though I am almost 45 years old, I still haven't seen as many places as I would like to. As of late, my travels has mainly consisted of "a day in..." because when you cruise, you mainly stay one day in a port. That's ok with me for now, a taste of another place is fine, I can scope out the place and maybe later on in life, I can choose which ones I like best to spend more time at!
This is a picture of myself and my husband Michael. He is my travel partner and I am dragging him along with me!
Update March 30, 2007 - I recently purchased the book "1,000 Places to See Before You Die" and I have made it my goal to see how many of these places we can actually make it to. So far we have 975 more left to go!
Los Angeles, CA (born here) 1968- 1978 (I miss my California the most)
Sylmar, CA 1978 - 1982
Upland, CA 1982 - 1984
Pomona, CA 1984 - 1988
Ontario, CA 1988- 1989
Montclair, CA 1989-1998
Las Vegas, NV 1998 - 2000
West Columbia, TX 2000 - Present
Growing up in southern California was really a great experience. Too bad I don't have pictures or that I didn't jot notes down back then of the many places that I visited or things that I experienced. I can say that my life back in California was memorable. And yes, if you live in California, you have many chances to see famous people. I ran into people like; Telly Savalas (Kojak) at a movie theatre, Eddie Van Halen and Valerie Bertinelli in Lake Tahoe, Nikki Sixx and Mick Mars (of Motley Crue) while watching a concert, partied with Stacy Q, asked Leonard Nimoy for an autograph (which he flatly refused to give, humph!), Molly Ringwald (at another movie theatre), and others.
How many places in the world can you actually fo skiing in the mountains and within less than 2 hours, go sunbathing at a beach? Then hop in the car and head down to the city for an awesome night on the town? Southern California baby! That's where it's at!
I will try to dig some stuff out, my mom has most of the pics from when I grew up, and post more about it...
Cruising Carnival Destiny - March 16 - 23, 2008
Southern Carribean this year which includes:
This was the best vacation I have ever been on so far. I fell in love with all the places we went to. To be able to have a glimpse of every island was wonderful. Yes, it was only a glimpse but each experience to me is precious. I will one day go back and spend more time at my favorites. The islands I liked best were Dominica, St. Maarten, and St. Kitts. Michael liked Barbados best!
Our day trip to Kemah Boardwalk!!
NEW YORK NEW YORK!
New York in the spring time this April! Michael says he has no desire to see New York, so I planned a girls weekend with my mom and sister. Now I think he is jealous!
I don't really think we will have enough time, but that's ok, we have enough time to see some sights and spend time with each other, which is what is really important to me! I will update with pics soon!
Here we go again, back to visit family in Las Vegas. This time we are incorporating a trip to Grand Canyon, which is on my list of places to see before I die! I must do something new on every trip so that will be it! Wish me luck in my planning! This will be a road trip :)
Philippines - I'm a Filipina who has never been to her homeland!
Hawaii (although I've been to Hawaii, I want to go back)
New York - Planning a weekend in New York April 2012 YAY....
Too many to name, I'll start with these for now
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 67 Reviews
- 336 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 14 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- shargurl and giampiero6 are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Shar's Adventures"
- updated a West Columbia Travelogue "The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Finally made it to Cayman Islands"
- Wrote a Review Nice hotel... in Orlando Hotels
- Commented on moonlighting's profile page
- Uploaded a Video to San Juan
- Posted in Travel California Forum "Re: Tahoe / Pacific Grove / San..."
VideosSee All Videos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- San Antonio Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Intro, 4 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dominica Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos
- Puerto Rico Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos
- Houston Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- West Columbia Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Toronto Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Kemah Intro, 2 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos