"Shar's Adventures" shargurl's Profile

Not a tourist but a traveler!

Ok, so maybe I don't know the difference between a tourist and a traveler. I may very well be a tourist, since I do "do" a lot of touristy things. Maybe being an actual traveler is when you don't do the touristy things! Either way, I still go places, and that's all that matters, right? I have really enjoyed seeing many places, and though I am almost 45 years old, I still haven't seen as many places as I would like to. As of late, my travels has mainly consisted of "a day in..." because when you cruise, you mainly stay one day in a port. That's ok with me for now, a taste of another place is fine, I can scope out the place and maybe later on in life, I can choose which ones I like best to spend more time at!

This is a picture of myself and my husband Michael. He is my travel partner and I am dragging him along with me!

Update March 30, 2007 - I recently purchased the book "1,000 Places to See Before You Die" and I have made it my goal to see how many of these places we can actually make it to. So far we have 975 more left to go!

Cities I've lived in

Los Angeles, CA (born here) 1968- 1978 (I miss my California the most)
Sylmar, CA 1978 - 1982
Upland, CA 1982 - 1984
Pomona, CA 1984 - 1988
Ontario, CA 1988- 1989
Montclair, CA 1989-1998
Las Vegas, NV 1998 - 2000
West Columbia, TX 2000 - Present

Growing up in southern California was really a great experience. Too bad I don't have pictures or that I didn't jot notes down back then of the many places that I visited or things that I experienced. I can say that my life back in California was memorable. And yes, if you live in California, you have many chances to see famous people. I ran into people like; Telly Savalas (Kojak) at a movie theatre, Eddie Van Halen and Valerie Bertinelli in Lake Tahoe, Nikki Sixx and Mick Mars (of Motley Crue) while watching a concert, partied with Stacy Q, asked Leonard Nimoy for an autograph (which he flatly refused to give, humph!), Molly Ringwald (at another movie theatre), and others.

How many places in the world can you actually fo skiing in the mountains and within less than 2 hours, go sunbathing at a beach? Then hop in the car and head down to the city for an awesome night on the town? Southern California baby! That's where it's at!

I will try to dig some stuff out, my mom has most of the pics from when I grew up, and post more about it...

2007 Winter and Spring trips

January 2007 - Carnival Cruise on the Ecstasy
Cozumel, Mexico
Progresso, Yucatan Peninsula

San Antonio, TX - April 2007 - completed - check out my
San Antonio page

Summer trip 2007

Niagara Falls, Canada - July 2007 - Done! Check out my new pages!
Toronto, Canada (will incorporate this into my Niagara trip! Knock off another place on 1,000 things to do!)

Our best cruise 2008

Cruising Carnival Destiny - March 16 - 23, 2008
Southern Carribean this year which includes:
San Juan
St Thomas
Dominica
Barbados
Antigua
St Kitts
St Maarten

This was the best vacation I have ever been on so far. I fell in love with all the places we went to. To be able to have a glimpse of every island was wonderful. Yes, it was only a glimpse but each experience to me is precious. I will one day go back and spend more time at my favorites. The islands I liked best were Dominica, St. Maarten, and St. Kitts. Michael liked Barbados best!

***Just Added***

Our day trip to Kemah Boardwalk!!

Coming up 2012

NEW YORK NEW YORK!

New York in the spring time this April! Michael says he has no desire to see New York, so I planned a girls weekend with my mom and sister. Now I think he is jealous!

I don't really think we will have enough time, but that's ok, we have enough time to see some sights and spend time with each other, which is what is really important to me! I will update with pics soon!

Planning another trip 2012

Here we go again, back to visit family in Las Vegas. This time we are incorporating a trip to Grand Canyon, which is on my list of places to see before I die! I must do something new on every trip so that will be it! Wish me luck in my planning! This will be a road trip :)

Dream Trips

Philippines - I'm a Filipina who has never been to her homeland!
Europe -
Greek Isles
Paris
London
Rome
US -
Hawaii (although I've been to Hawaii, I want to go back)
New York - Planning a weekend in New York April 2012 YAY....

Too many to name, I'll start with these for now

• Intro Updated Mar 11, 2012

• Usctwin's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Have a great birthday, Shar!

• dkphabiyani's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2013 at 6:23 AM

I know how it feels when someone wish you on your birthday. So wish you many many happy returns of the day from VT Member !!

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2013 at 5:43 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• Usctwin's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Happy birthday, Shar!

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2012 at 10:24 PM

A warm happy birthday greeting from Malaysia. Hope you have more travellings and more VT sharings in the coming years.

• moonlighting's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2008 at 6:52 AM

You are a grandmom at 40? And you don'e even look your age, amazing! Hey, you should have a vacation here in the Philippines. I' shall wait for you :)

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2008 at 11:03 AM

Happy Birthday from sunny California! Here's to many more wonderful years!

• Okgladmom's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2008 at 8:54 AM

What a great page! I need to get busy on mine but I spend all my time reading others! Your Destiny review is great...I can't wait. ~~Laura~~

• DSwede's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2008 at 1:38 AM

Thanks for the visit! Tahoe is a wonderful place, glad to know you shared some memories there as well!

• H-TownJourneyman's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2008 at 4:10 PM

Hey there neighbor, thanks a lot, b-day was great! Hope everything is going well for ya!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
shargurl's Profile Photo

shargurl

“Not a tourist but a traveler!”

Real Name