"A winter's reprieve in Delray Beach" Top 5 Page for this destination Delray Beach by providencerunner

Delray Beach Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 172 photos

de-icing in Delray

I love Delray Beach for a quick winter getaway! Nestled between its more pretentious siblings, Palm Beach and Boca Raton, Delray is just right.
The Colony Hotel and Beach Club are my favorite places to stay. I prefer the privacy of the beach club over a big fancy hotel anyway.
Delray is not a quiet place, (but most of Florida is very hectic and populated these days) although you can find spots on the beach to yourself.
The art galleries, shops and restaurants on Atlantic Avenue are enough that one doesn't really need to have a car in order to see and do everything.
My favorite spots are Boston's (for drinks and the view) and Kyoto for the sushi.
I used to live in Boca Raton- so I've spent alot of time in Delray and now go there several times in the winter.
Take my advice and fly into West Palm Beach International instead of Ft Lauderdale. West Palm is smaller, more convenient and in general a more pleasant way to arrive to and depart from Delray. As I said if you are only there for a few days you don't really need a car and can take the Supershuttle from the airport to your hotel and then arrange for pick up. The supershuttle is NOT available at the Fort Lauderdale airport for trips to Delray.
But keep Delray a secret and send everyone else down to Ft Lauderdale. SHHHHHH.........

Lounging on the Beach

Most of the beaches in Delray have lounge chairs that you can "rent" for the day. This can be a little pricey, which is why I try to stay at The Colony Hotel (for their private beach club) or the Seagate (also have a private beach club).

• Last visit to Delray Beach: Feb 2007
  • Intro Updated Feb 21, 2007

providencerunner Visits Here Frequently!

providencerunner

“I want to see as much of the world as my eyes can take in!”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Delray Beach

Have you been to Delray Beach?

Friends