"Bicester Village" Bicester by Bix10

Bicester Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 17 photos

Shopping Haven

The title, 'Shopping Haven' is the correct term for Bicester Village. Why? - It's simple, I like and enjoy shopping here. I found out about it here in Virtual Tourist. After living in England for more than 12 years, I still didn't know about it until this year - 2008 after a search for shopping areas. I've been to a similar place in The Netherlands, which is Batavia Shopping Center in Lelystad, Flevoland but it's not as good as this one.

I didn't have a high expectation of Bicester Village as I had an imagination that it would be dull with old or rather rejected quality goods. It has proved me wrong and I love the place after seeing my favourite brands (I only wear branded goods by the way and I don't fancy fake ones.)

There are loads of branded boutiques with excellent prices. It goes as low as £5 for a shirt. Unbelievable. If you're travelling and have a limited amount of budget as well as time for shopping, then this is definitely the place to go. Trust me for that.

Besides Shopping

I'm not quite certain what else is there in Bicester but I saw a sign that there's a castle nearby. Perhaps one would like to visit and take a picture of it. I drove to the town center and there isn't much there either. There was some sort of a market there. I can't quite make out what it exactly was. It's either a flea market or a morning market which was about to end.

However, Bicester is located in Oxfordshire, so one can always divert your way on the M40 (if you're heading back to London) to Oxford town center to visit the infamous University of Oxford, which I had been rejected to attend to after my first informal interview. Haha...

• Last visit to Bicester: Feb 2008
  • Intro Written Feb 29, 2008

Comments

Badges & Stats in Bicester

Have you been to Bicester?

Latest Activity in Bicester