"Ulu Kelang" Ulu Kelang by Bix10

Ulu Kelang Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 32 photos

Introduction To Ulu Kelang

I live in the vicinity of this area as well. It's a little confusing as my house is divided between Ulu Kelang and Ampang. However, my perspective of Ulu Kelang is more towards the North-East of the city, which areas such as Melawati, Klang Gate, Wangsa Maju, Kemensah and Bukit Antarabangsa would fall under.

These areas are known to be populated with Malays, on most count. There are of course Chinese, Indians and others living here but I'm referring to the most populated in terms of surroundings, shops and businesses. It caters more toward the Malays. I get a little stuffy when I'm in this area but I come here when I have to.

It's also a pity that the government hasn't developed any sort of public transportation to this area because the National Zoo is located in Ulu Kelang itself. There is a beautiful waterfall and stream in the Kemensah area which is not taken care of but just need a little tidying up and it will regain its beauty. Also, it is accessible to Batu Caves, where it's famous for it's natural beauty. I'm hoping to see some development in this area soon so that it is easily accessible by both local and foreign travellers.

• Last visit to Ulu Kelang: Aug 2008
  • Intro Written Aug 20, 2008

Comments

Bix10 Used To Live Here!

Badges & Stats in Ulu Kelang

Have you been to Ulu Kelang?

Latest Activity in Ulu Kelang