"Klang, The Royal Town" Klang by Bix10
Klang Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 106 photos
I don't know much about Klang, so please forgive me if there are some errors in the facts below. What is written are based on my general knowledge of the town, surroundings and district.
Klang is known as a royal town as it was the capital of administration before the existence of Kuala Lumpur and Shah Alam. It falls under the state of Selangor Darul Ehsan. Geographically speaking, it's near the Straits of Malacca and Port Klang or Port Swettenham (formerly known) falls under the jurisdiction of Klang.
Many local talents who have made themselves well known come from this part of the country. My brief knowledge of Klang is the fact that it's populated with 3 of Malaysia's main races - Malay, Chinese & Indian.
As for food is concerned, it is known for its Minang Kabau food, Bak Kut Teh (Chinese) and Cendhol & Rojak (Indian). I see it as a prosperous town who lives harmoniously. At Port Klang, it's known for its seafood.
That's all I know about Klang and its surroundings for the time being. Will find out more and update this page.
Bix10's Related Pages
Klang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Klang (Kelang) - Famous for Bak Kut Teh"
- "Port Klang - easy to fill in a day"
- "Royal Town of Selangor (& main Port of Malaysia)"
- "Klang - A sleepy laid back town"
- "Star Cruise"
- "- Klang -"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Klang
- Hotels in Klang
- Transportation in Klang
- Restaurants in Klang
- Shopping in Klang
- Warnings and Dangers in Klang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Klang
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Klang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Klang
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 56 reviews, 45 photos
- Ampang Intro, 23 reviews, 13 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Petaling Jaya Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Delhi Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Johor Bahru Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Brussels Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Kuala Pilah 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Stoke-upon-Trent Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos