"Welcome to Duri" Duri by tanamay
Duri Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 2 photos
Duri is an oil town in the Province of Riau, about 125 km north of the capital Pekanbaru and about 70 km south of the Port of Dumai by Malacca Strait.
The town of Duri is the center of operation for PT. Chevron Pacific Indonesia, the biggest upstream oil & gas firm in Indonesia. There's no reason to visit Duri except for business and not for tourism.
Chevron (CPI) Duri Camp is a community within Duri town. It measures about 3km x 4km comprising of offices, warehouses, motor pools, heliport, hospital, employees housing complexes, parks, mosques, churches, chapels, schools, bank, ATMs, (movie) theater, commissary, restaurants/food courts, bar, barber shop, beauty shop, 18 hole golf course, swimming pool, bowling alley, softball field, soccer fields, track oval, tennis courts, basketball courts, volleyball courts, badminton courts, squash court, paintball field and an indoor futsal court.
The sports hall houses fitness center, aerobics, indoor basketball/volleyball/badminton courts. Its forest conservation area (“Duri Woods”) and the outer forest offers lots of good hiking or mountain biking trails.
The camp can be compared to a large US military base - it has everything in it.
- Pros:It has Duri camp
- Cons:Nothing much to do, outside camp
- In a nutshell:Not just oil pumping units!
Run the hash with the DHHH - 'a drinking club with a running problem'. Duri Hash House Harriers is a diverse mixed... more travel advice
Buying beef in the traditional market in Jalan Sudirman is quite an experience. Here you can buy tenderloin, sirloin,... more travel advice
tanamay's Related Pages
Duri Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Duri
- Hotels in Duri
- Restaurants in Duri
- Shopping in Duri
- Warnings and Dangers in Duri
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Duri
- 18 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Duri?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Duri
Top 10 Pages
- Mauban Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cagbalete Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- Duri Intro, 18 reviews, 2 photos
- Hanoi 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Tayabas Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Phuket Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Lucban Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Kuala Lumpur 7 reviews, 2 photos
- Pulau Samosir Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ho Chi Minh City 2 reviews, 5 photos