"Travel Nursing Assignment" Top 5 Page for this destination Stamford by mzgottirican

Stamford Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 146 photos

Expensive yet Beautiful

Stamford, CT...the city of beautifully winding streets, a lovely downtown and only 20 minutes from the Bronx, NYC on a day with little traffic.

Stamford was beautiful, I lived there 5 months as a travel nurse. The Stamford Hospital was unequalled in courtesy, teaching/learning, and patient care. I would return there in a moment.

The downfall? EXPENSIVE. Rated the United States' 5th most expensive city to live, it proved itself true many times. An oil change on Main St.? Cost me 47.00 US. A box of cereal for my daughter, 3 dollars max in Florida, cost me 6.50 US !

Hope St. Pizza was memorable; the best Pizza I ever tasted. Lucky's Diner? 50's atmosphere and best milkshakes ever.

Despite the good, I longed for sunshine. The sun barely shone at all from September to February, and it took a toll on me! The day I set foot back in Florida, was glorious. I am from the North of the USA, yet I was happy to be in the tropics!

I didn't really 'do' a lot of things in Stamford, the weather was not great, and I was working a lot. There are more things to 'do' in NYC, a stones' throw away.

• Last visit to Stamford: Feb 2006
  • Intro Written Feb 11, 2007

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2007 at 6:04 PM

Hi Dawn, I used to live around the block from Hope Street Pizza...it was quite good. Stamford's a cool place - I haven't been there in a long while though.

mzgottirican Used To Live Here!

mzgottirican

“I wish I were somewhere else!”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Stamford

Have you been to Stamford?

Latest Activity in Stamford