"My Great Escapes" Birgie's Profile
When I was younger, 16-22 years old I would do anything, dream up any motive to get sent somewhere new. Cooking school in Mexico, visiting my dad while he worked in Japan, study abroad, accompany my grandparents on a business trip or tag along with friends. Those were really exciting trips and always full of adventures. Now that I am older, the trips are admittedly much tamer, which is just fine with me most of the time. I think there is something really special about travel when you are young and pinching your pennies - or euros, or yen, or pounds sterling or whatever monetary unit you are using. I wish I could bestow every young adult with the means to get out and go do what I did - visit 4 or more continents, learn another language, eat other foods, listen to different music, dance and love and learn in foreign lands. It makes life richer and more beautiful.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 27 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Posted in Travel Cancún Forum "Nice Family Resort Hotel in Cancun"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Learning Adventure"
- created a Córdoba Travel Page "A Learning Adventure"
- Wrote a Review What to Know BEFORE You Go to the Alhambra about Alhambra in Granada Things to Do
- Commented on one of SirRichard's Cadiz travel pages
updated their Profile Page "My Great Escapes"
PhotosSee All Photos (37)
Top 5 Pages
- Spain Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos
- Andalucía Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 4 travelogues
- Granada Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sweden Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.