"My Great Escapes" Birgie's Profile

Looking for Adventure, but not too much Adventure!

When I was younger, 16-22 years old I would do anything, dream up any motive to get sent somewhere new. Cooking school in Mexico, visiting my dad while he worked in Japan, study abroad, accompany my grandparents on a business trip or tag along with friends. Those were really exciting trips and always full of adventures. Now that I am older, the trips are admittedly much tamer, which is just fine with me most of the time. I think there is something really special about travel when you are young and pinching your pennies - or euros, or yen, or pounds sterling or whatever monetary unit you are using. I wish I could bestow every young adult with the means to get out and go do what I did - visit 4 or more continents, learn another language, eat other foods, listen to different music, dance and love and learn in foreign lands. It makes life richer and more beautiful.

• Intro Updated Aug 23, 2007

• bagediya's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2009 at 6:27 AM

Birgie ! I have seen your page while I was sorfing Spain pages in VT. Next time if you will be in Spain I highly recommend Barcelona and Madrid. And also check my Paris photo album , I suppose you like them. Bye , Baris

• balfor's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2008 at 11:05 AM

Hi Birgit! I see you're touring a lot of Spain. Have a great time while you're there. Unfortunately, I didn't know the answer to any of the questions you posted.

• Apr 18, 2008 at 4:57 PM

Birgit, Thanks for the wonderful post. You in Ohio, I lived Cleveland. Yes, we are truly excited, as this will bring back a ton of memories!! Thanks again, Bob

• ian-uk's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2008 at 11:36 PM

Happy Birthday Birgit, have a wonderful day and take care, Ian

• Swades's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2008 at 8:49 AM

hi how are you??love and smile..vivek

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2007 at 5:25 PM

Birgit, WHERE ARE YOU ??

• SaraM19762001's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2007 at 12:34 PM

Hi Birgit! My name is Sara. I just moved here from WV and don't know ANYONE except my fiancee and brother. I love to travel as well, especially Europe. Check out my travelpage.

• nuelo's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2007 at 11:38 AM

Happy Birthday. May all your dreams come true

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2007 at 7:58 AM

Happy birthday - have a great day

• AmazingAdventures's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2007 at 12:05 AM

G'Day Birgit! Happy Birthday wishes to you. May all your dreams become reality. Smiles from Sydney :)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!