"Ypsonas village - our new home" Ypsonas by cyprus4holidays

Ypsonas Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 2 photos

Where is it?

We came to live in Ypsonas in March 2004.

On our travels between Limassol and Paphos along the highway for many years, we had spotted a strangely shaped house in between the roundabout at Orphanides and Kolossi. It always fascinated us as it looked so modern. Now, we live about 3 or 4 streets back from this house.

Ypsonas is situated between the New General Hospital near Polemedia (near Orphanides on the New Port road) and Kolossi.

Ypsonas probably was once a fairly small, typical Cypriot village but gradually it is increasing in size and now there is a mix of traditional stone houses to one side of the main street and on the other, more modern style properties.

These extend out as far as Ypsoupouli almost to the highway and on the north side of the highway into Ayios Silas.

What we do in our spare time.

We've joined as Associate Members at the Aphrodite Bowling club at Aphrodite Gardens in Erimi. We try to bowl there with some of our friends on a regular basis (in between work, usually).

Also, we go to the Quiz Night at the Buccaneer Pub in Erimi and sometimes at the Epi Pub too.

We are also part of a forum for lovers of Cyprus, which gives us a large circle of friends. We arrange regular meet ups with people who are either living in or holidaying in our area. Towards the end of last summer, I arranged a Sunset Catamaran cruise for members of the forum from Limassol Old Port along the bay at Akrotiri. It was a great night and we hope maybe to have a daytime cruise this year sometime.

https://www.bfctradingpost.com/ (copy & paste to your browser to view the site & follow the links to the forum)

• Pros:Handy location for Limassol, lots of shops in immediate vicinity
  • Cons:none I can think of
  • In a nutshell:What more could you wish for?
  • Intro Updated Feb 15, 2007

• mavl's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2008 at 10:38 PM

happy birthday michele! hope you have a good one. best regards from the philippines!

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2007 at 1:04 AM

hi Michele, kalimera. I was just having a browse and came upon your Ypsonas page. I'd never even thought to look for one before. We have friends in the village and visited them this Easter. Great Keo tip, I've done it, and I never eat breakfast! fergy.

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2007 at 4:51 PM

Thavmasion! Best of luck (~_~)

cyprus4holidays Lives Here!

cyprus4holidays

“Do it today, it might rain tomorrow!”

Badges & Stats in Ypsonas

Have you been to Ypsonas?

Friends