"It's like swimming in a 10 billion gallon aquarium" Balicasag Island by Jim&Ivy
Balicasag Island Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 56 photos
Left very early morning from Alona Kew Beach Resort. Breakfast on the banca. Saved some white rice (very important!). Went whale and dolphin watching as the sun was rising over the Bohol Sea. Just one operator on the boat, and he was very friendly and efficient.
It took a few hours to reach Balicasag. What a place! The coral area is a nationally protected eco zone. There's a modest resort operated by the Phil. gov't right on the water (They serve San Miguel.). If you could picture yourself swimming in the world's largest and most spectacular aquarium, you would be at Balicasag.
P.S. The fish were feeding on rice, right out of our hands!
- Cons:Nothing at all.
- In a nutshell:I cannot wait to go back.
Jim&Ivy's Related Pages
Balicasag Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Balicasag Island"
- "The Island"
- "Balicasag Marine Sanctuary"
- "It's like swimming in a 10 billion gallon aquarium"
- "Balicasag Island : Marine Sanctuary"
- "DIVER'S PARADISE"
- "BALICASAG experiencE!!!"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Balicasag Island
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Balicasag Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Balicasag Island
- Wrote a Review Snorkelling & Scuba diving in Balicasag Island Things to Do
- created a Balicasag Island Travel Page "It's like swimming in a 10 billion gallon aquarium"
No friends yet.