"Blue City" Jodhpur by maneckk
Jodhpur Travel Guide: 368 reviews and 1,065 photos
A city famous for its exports of handicrafts all over the world, is frequented by travellers from all over the world mainly during the winter months in India. Rich in Rajasthani tradition this city houses the famous Meherangarh Fort, which is one of the largest forts in India. Jodhpur is also famous for its sandstorms in summer months, so its always advisable to travel to this city during winter.
This walled city area of Jodhpur has been planned in such a way to maximise the channelization of winds and make them cooler once they enter these houses. The house were all painted blue, since blue being a cool colour helped the houses to remain cool during the extreme heat.
maneckk's Related Pages
Jodhpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Jodhpur"
- "The Blue City"
- "jodhpur :Glorious Marwar"
- "BLUE SKIES ABOVE BLUE CITY"
- "The Blue City of Jodhpur and Village of Rohet"
- "Jodhpur-the blue city"
- "A blue city sojourn"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jodhpur
- Hotels in Jodhpur
- Transportation in Jodhpur
- Nightlife in Jodhpur
- Restaurants in Jodhpur
- Shopping in Jodhpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Jodhpur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jodhpur
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Jodhpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jodhpur
Top 10 Pages
- Mauritius Intro, 20 reviews, 29 photos
- Goa Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Singapore Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Jaipur Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- New Delhi Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Mussorie Range Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Srinagar Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Nepal Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Jodhpur Intro, 1 review, 3 photos