" Nostalgia at VIGAN" Top 5 Page for this destination Vigan by NeverBeenThere
Vigan Travel Guide: 463 reviews and 1,379 photos
Best place for me in Vigan...is the BANTAY CHURCH..
this is the oldest church at Vigan but has the best view of the place with its Bell Tower... "KAMPANA ng SIMBAHAN".. it was said to be used as means for the locals to see enemies from afar during the war.. also gives you a closer view of the bells bigger than anything you could imagine!
However the church is more known as the PANDAY Church since it was also the place where the famous movie of the late Fernando Poe Jr. was taken "PANDAY"
Houses at Vigan completes the Acient looks..having the big wooden sliding windows with Capiz accents.. HUGE heavy narra woods of their STAIRCASE that make you take extra steps each time.. plus the strong built of stone wall-houses and establishenmts..
..famous for its VIGAN "stone" tiles and antique items for sale, crisologo streets gives you the feel of acient times of MARIA CLARA and SISA.. (lets not forget Jose Rizal) wishing you have your little formal terno to go with the nostagia feel of the area..
watch my Vigan Get-away : youtube
- Pros:easy to go around, food is good, lots of hotels!
- Cons:when the sun is up, wear some protection from the heat. Start early since all establishments are already closed by 8pm
- In a nutshell:WALK WALK and WALK.. to appreciate Vigan!
on our way to Vigan we were stopped by a major traffic jam, asking what went wrong, we were informed that there was a... more travel advice
travel light.. everything can be found/ bought there... use cotton material clothes since it can get so warm during the... more travel advice
Written Mar 26, 2007
Doors.. heavy strong Doors!
Written Mar 27, 2007
Crisologo Mansion and Museum
NeverBeenThere's Related Pages
Vigan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "vigan if i can ..."
- "Vigan - that "Spanish" feel.."
- " Nostalgia at VIGAN"
- "Back to the 16th century Ilocos"
- "The oldest city north of the Philippines"
- "The Heritage City of Vigan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vigan
- Hotels in Vigan
- Transportation in Vigan
- Nightlife in Vigan
- Restaurants in Vigan
- Shopping in Vigan
- Warnings and Dangers in Vigan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vigan
- 16 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Vigan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vigan
- Posted in Travel Australia and Oceania Forum "backpackers.... good idea or not?"
- updated a Vigan Travel Page " Nostalgia at VIGAN"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Crisologo Mansion and Museum"
- Wrote a Review DRIVE CAREFULLY PEOPLE! in Vigan Warnings and Dangers
- Commented on one of asianbelle's Vigan travel pages
Photos in ViganSee All Photos (58)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigan Intro, 16 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Tagaytay Intro, 1 review, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dumaguete City Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batangas Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boracay Island Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baguio City Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Province of Cebu Intro, 2 photos
- Singapore Intro, 1 photo
- Puerto Galera Intro, 1 photo