"Ironbridge - Birthplace of Industry" Top 5 Page for this destination Ironbridge by graeme83
Ironbridge Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 181 photos
Having passed Ironbridge many times on the M6 on the way to North Wales curiosity brought me to Ironbridge one grey Saturday. The village has been made famous by its iron bridge and namesake - the first in the world. The gorge in which Ironbridge lays has been named a World Heritage Site and is home to ten industrial museums.
Built in 1994 this bridge replaced the reinforced concrete Free Bridge that had been condemned in 1986. It reinforces... more travel advice
Located 500 yards from the bridge, Bedlam furnace was where the original bridge was cast from. more travel advice
graeme83's Related Pages
Ironbridge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ironbridge: Cradle of the Industrial Revolution"
- "Ironbridge - Birthplace of Industry"
- "Ironbridge Gorge"
- "Ironbridge - Jewel in the Midlands"
- "Cast Iron Crossing"
- "Ironbridge...A pretty village."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ironbridge
- Hotels in Ironbridge
- Restaurants in Ironbridge
- Shopping in Ironbridge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ironbridge
- 14 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Ironbridge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ironbridge
Photos in IronbridgeSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 63 reviews, 38 photos
- China Intro, 56 reviews, 40 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 41 reviews, 39 photos
- St Albans Intro, 30 reviews, 19 photos
- London Intro, 24 reviews, 14 photos
- Bath Intro, 18 reviews, 14 photos
- Birmingham Intro, 22 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ironbridge Intro, 14 reviews, 7 photos
- Riga Intro, 11 reviews, 7 photos
- Budapest Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.