"The what plain?????" Bolu by chrispy6345
Bolu Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 22 photos
Bolu, capital of the Western Black Sea Coast Region. Nowhere near the sea and almost slap bang in the middle of the central Anatolian Plateau.
Not a pretty place but full of great people - check out the Kurdish bar for legal alcohol!!!
Very near to the Kartalkya ski resort. Very cheap skiing and a hell of a lot of snow even in March. VVVVVery cold - 20c.
Not much to do, not much to see. Why did we go there?? It was free!!!
Bolu's market is wonderful - even in the snow!! We bought a kilo of whitebait from the guy on the fish stall and he gutted and cleaned every single little fish!!! Service with a smile!!
Probably the cheapest skiing in the world - around £20 per day including ski passes, all the equipment or around £100 all inclusive per person for the weekend!!!
- Pros:No tourists anywhere!!!
- Cons:It's bloody freezing!!!!! (In March anyway)
- In a nutshell:Gulag archipelago revisited!! But we loved it!!!!
chrispy6345's Related Pages
Bolu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Very Beatiful is BOLU"
- "The what plain?????"
- "A town of natural beauties, chefs,spas& chocolate"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bolu
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Bolu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bolu
- Llanddwyn Island Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Kartalkaya 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Corfu Island Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Bolu Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.