"Always the bridesmaid..... Fuessen" Top 5 Page for this destination Füssen by Maryimelda

Füssen Travel Guide: 213 reviews and 732 photos

A restful haven.....

I think I am one of many who has always regarded Fuessen as the place you stay at when you want to visit Neuschwanstein. Anyone who has been there however, knows full well that Fuessen is a wonderful destination in its own right. It is a lovely mix of interesting things to do and a place of rest and relaxation all rolled up in one.

I am now kicking myself......

At least I didn't race down from Munich to see the Castles and return the same day. I did stay overnight in Fuessen. My only wish now is that I had spent two nights there, so I could have sailed on Lake Forgensee and had a good look at the Monastery or taken a short bus ride to Steingaden to see the Wieskirche. The options are endless in that part of the world.

My favourite pastime....

After I had been to Neuschwanstein, I did have some good daylight hours left to do my favourite thing, which is of course, to roam the streets just to soak up the surroundings. In Fuessen I could do that to my heart's content. I loved it.

• Pros:Compact and easy to get around.
  • Cons:None that spring to mind.
  • In a nutshell:Take the time to have a good look.
  • Last visit to Füssen: Sep 2009
  • Intro Updated Feb 17, 2014

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2013 at 6:05 AM

Oh lovely a town this is :-) And guess what: you saw Wieskirche in the meantime :-)

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
      Nov 24, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Hi Ingrid, Thanks for visiting my Fuessen and Dinkelsbuehl pages. Both are favourite towns of mine.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Thank you, Kate, for bringing back memory about this wonderful destination in its own right inspite of Neuschwanstein close to it.

• bbunter's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Thanks for this page. It has been most helpful to my wish list plans.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2011 at 9:51 AM

The Schloss - I saw it today on my way back, but didn't stay for a couple of hours, drove home instead. Ah, yes, it is a good hub for the area, but... take my word: next time 4 days southern Bavaria and approx. 16 rokoko churches, that is my offer. And we would stay at Wies :-)

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Lovely page with photo's to match!

Maryimelda

“You can't solve a problem with the same mind that created it.”

Badges & Stats in Füssen