"A day in County Wicklow" Top 5 Page for this destination County Wicklow by Maryimelda
County Wicklow Travel Guide: 228 reviews and 729 photos
Co. Wicklow is one of the 12 counties of the Province of Leinster. It was enlarged to some extent in 1957 when part of Co. Dublin was detached and added to Co. Wicklow. It is a truly beautiful part of Ireland and is where some of the very popular tourist attractions of the country can be found. The rolling hills and the green and purple landscape of the Wicklow Mountains provide a sightseeing banquet beyond compare.
Co Wicklow is a perfect choice for a day trip from Dublin. Best if you have a car at your disposal as I think that public transport might be at a premium if you really want to get out amongst the wild landscapes of Co. Wicklow.
Two of the most popular stops in the county are Sally Gap and of course, Glendalough. Both are must sees when visiting this part of Ireland, but just the drive and all the beauty along the way will remain in my mind forever.
I thought I'd seen most of what was worth seeing in Ireland but I hadn't counted on Co. Wicklow.
- Pros:Hauntingly beautiful.
- Cons:Not a one.
- In a nutshell:Beauty and history in copious quantities.
There are some stunning Celtic Crosses in the graveyard at Glendalough. Unfortunately I don't have a photo of the ruins... more travel advice
The stone Church of St Kevin at Glendalough over time, became known as St Kevin's Kitchen. This was due to the fact that... more travel advice
Maryimelda's Related Pages
County Wicklow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Glendalough & Powerscourt"
- "A day in County Wicklow"
- "Wicklow Mountains & 'Ballykissangel'"
- "County Wicklow: A short trip from Dublin"
- "County Wicklow"
- "The Wicklow Mountains"
- "Wicklow - the Garden of Ireland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in County Wicklow
- Hotels in County Wicklow
- Transportation in County Wicklow
- Nightlife in County Wicklow
- Restaurants in County Wicklow
- Shopping in County Wicklow
- Warnings and Dangers in County Wicklow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in County Wicklow
- 9 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to County Wicklow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in County Wicklow
- Posted in Travel Brisbane Forum "Re: Davies market or Brunswick St..."
- Commented on one of Maryimelda's County Wicklow travel pages
- Wrote a Review Celtic Crosses in County Wicklow Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Cathedral at Glendalough"
- updated a County Wicklow Travel Page "A day in County Wicklow"
Photos in County WicklowSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 137 reviews, 338 photos
- Paris Intro, 60 reviews, 205 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 46 reviews, 123 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 52 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 32 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucerne Intro, 29 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trier Intro, 25 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Freiburg im Breisgau Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mykonos Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 24 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues