"Alive and Vibrant Hannover" Hannover by Maryimelda

Hannover Travel Guide: 659 reviews and 2,131 photos

What a lovely surprise....

A number of people asked me why I had chosen to spend five nights in Hannover as there was very little to see there. In my resolve to stop making whistle stops, I planned my last trip to Europe with a number of hubs or bases from which I could access a number of places by way of day trips. Hannover was one such hub and it turned out to be more than I could have wished for.

Lovely city to wander around.....

The first delight was the Hotel Central Kaiserhof, located right across the square from the Hauptbahnhof. When I was looking for a well located hotel at the right price, the Kaiser-hof ticked all the boxes, especially since I was going to be leaving Hannover every day and it was so close to the Train Station.
But I'll tell you more about this wonderul establsihment in my Hotel Reviews.

The shopping in Hannover is superb, especially for those on a budget. All the well known outlets are there, Galleria Kauffhaus, Saturn and of course the inevitable C & A. to name but a mere few.

The cafes, restaurants, konditoreis etc abounded and the little backstreets teemed with lovely boutiques, bookshops and the like.

Bright and Lively

Hannover is a bright and lively city which I fell in love with. Definitely on the "must return" list.

• Pros:Location, facilities, eateries and shopping.
  • Cons:For me it was just what I was looking for.
  • In a nutshell:A truly happy and vibrant city.
  • Last visit to Hannover: Aug 2011
  • Intro Updated Nov 30, 2011

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Wow, Hannover seems to be the city of statues! I also like the man with umbrella, but... you won't believe it, I didn't find more about him. The locals know him and a partner woman but also don't have an idea why they are there.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2012 at 4:54 PM

an interesting page and some great buildings that would like to see myself some day !

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Nice page Kate! I love the street art too!

Maryimelda

“You can't solve a problem with the same mind that created it.”

Badges & Stats in Hannover

Have you been to Hannover?

Latest Activity in Hannover