"Alive and Vibrant Hannover" Hannover by Maryimelda
Hannover Travel Guide: 659 reviews and 2,131 photos
A number of people asked me why I had chosen to spend five nights in Hannover as there was very little to see there. In my resolve to stop making whistle stops, I planned my last trip to Europe with a number of hubs or bases from which I could access a number of places by way of day trips. Hannover was one such hub and it turned out to be more than I could have wished for.
The first delight was the Hotel Central Kaiserhof, located right across the square from the Hauptbahnhof. When I was looking for a well located hotel at the right price, the Kaiser-hof ticked all the boxes, especially since I was going to be leaving Hannover every day and it was so close to the Train Station.
But I'll tell you more about this wonderul establsihment in my Hotel Reviews.
The shopping in Hannover is superb, especially for those on a budget. All the well known outlets are there, Galleria Kauffhaus, Saturn and of course the inevitable C & A. to name but a mere few.
The cafes, restaurants, konditoreis etc abounded and the little backstreets teemed with lovely boutiques, bookshops and the like.
Hannover is a bright and lively city which I fell in love with. Definitely on the "must return" list.
- Pros:Location, facilities, eateries and shopping.
- Cons:For me it was just what I was looking for.
- In a nutshell:A truly happy and vibrant city.
Kreuzkirche is known to be the oldest church in Hanover dating back to about 1333. It is very prominently situated in... more travel advice
Here is another day trip which can be done on the spur of the moment. Trains run hourly at least and the fare is... more travel advice
Maryimelda's Related Pages
Hannover Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Hannover"
- "Opera and cycling in Hannover"
- "Capital of Lower Saxony"
- "Business Trip, Hannover Industry Fair 06/07/08/09"
- "Alive and Vibrant Hannover"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hannover
- Hotels in Hannover
- Transportation in Hannover
- Nightlife in Hannover
- Restaurants in Hannover
- Shopping in Hannover
- Warnings and Dangers in Hannover
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hannover
- 13 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Hannover?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hannover
Photos in HannoverSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 137 reviews, 338 photos
- Paris Intro, 60 reviews, 205 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 46 reviews, 123 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 52 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 32 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucerne Intro, 29 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trier Intro, 25 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Freiburg im Breisgau Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mykonos Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 24 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues