"Chur.....just for the night" Top 5 Page for this destination Chur by Maryimelda
Chur Travel Guide: 151 reviews and 519 photos
From Zermatt, I was headed for Salzburg, but felt that an overnight stay, somewhere along the way, was required to break the journey. So out with my trusty map, a good look at some VT travel pages and I came up with Chur.
When I found out that Chur is on the route of the Glacier Express which runs from Zermatt to St Moritz and back, I decided that this was a good way to kill two birds with one stone. If I was going to spend five hours on a train it might just as well be spent on a train that is considered a "Thing to Do" in its own right. The good thing was that, having a Swiss Flexi pass, meant that I could ride the Glacier Express for 30CHF.
Chur turned out to be the perfect spot for an overnight stay. I arrived and was settled into my very nice hotel by about 4pm. So I set off for a walk around town and ended up at the Cathedral for 6pm Mass. Back to the hotel for a wonderful dinner in the restaurant there and then an early night.
Next morning I had a very relaxed breakfast and was off on my way to Salzburg at about 11am.
- Pros:Friendly, helpful residents.
- Cons:Badly signed hbf.
- In a nutshell:Quite simply, a lovely place for a relaxing overnight stay.
Friedenskirche is a small and very simply fitted out church which is the centre of worship for the Methodist Community... more travel advice
Hofturm is one of the City Gates which formed part of the fortifications of the Old Town of Chur. It straddles a high... more travel advice
Written May 9, 2016
The streets of Chur (1)
Written May 9, 2016
The streets of Chur (2)
Maryimelda's Related Pages
Chur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The oldest town in Switzerland"
- "Chur by Night and Day..."
- "Chur - a pleasant surprise"
- "Chur.....just for the night"
- "Chur - one of the oldest cities in Switzerland."
- "A Charming Pause"
- "Chur. The Alpine City."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chur
- Hotels in Chur
- Transportation in Chur
- Nightlife in Chur
- Restaurants in Chur
- Warnings and Dangers in Chur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chur
- 8 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Chur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chur
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 137 reviews, 338 photos
- Paris Intro, 72 reviews, 263 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 46 reviews, 123 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 52 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 32 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucerne Intro, 29 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trier Intro, 25 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Freiburg im Breisgau Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mykonos Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 24 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues