"Lovely Little Lauterbrunnen....." Lauterbrunnen by Maryimelda

Lauterbrunnen Travel Guide: 262 reviews and 779 photos

One street wonder.....

Most of what visitors want to do in Lauterbrunnen is contained in one street. The rest of the village is residential. The valley and slopes are dotted with lovely little "Heidi" houses and the view over the village is sheer delight.

Easy on the pocket.....

There is a vast difference in prices here (especially hotel prices) than in Interlaken, yet Lauterbrunnen is a short twenty minutes on a very regular train line from Interlaken. It is also twenty minutes closer to the Jungfraujoch, so why wouldn't you choose to stay there.

What's close by......

There is a little yellow train that goes up the hills to Wengen and of course the cable car to Muerren. From Wengen you can travel on to Kleine Sheidegg and then take the funicular to Jungrfraujoch. Simlarly you can take a train to Grindelwald via Zweiluetschinen and then on to Kleine Sheidegg and the Jungfraujoch.

• Pros:Just look at the pictures.
  • Cons:Could do with a couple more good restaurants.
  • In a nutshell:It is like stepping into the pages of "Heidi".
  • Last visit to Lauterbrunnen: Sep 2009
  • Intro Updated Jul 25, 2010

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2014 at 5:44 AM

Kate, thanks for your comment on my VT homepage. Happy New Year to you as well. - Lovely little page with interesting accommodation tip here.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2011 at 1:05 PM

Love your page! I remember that little Church, it was so pretty that I took a photo of it too. Your photo's bring back happy memories of this area, I just wish I hadn't read about the ice-cream meringue that I missed out on, damn!!

• riorich55's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Kate, Thanks for looking at all my Swiss pages. Going back again, I'm jealous. Feet across the world. I think we may be onto something.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Ahhhh....the feet club!! :o) Rich told me about it lol. We could start something here....maybe overtake the jumping club haha ;o) Love this page mate! Hugs, Ann xx

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Ha...I see you were able to enjoy a walkabout in Wengen while you were here...a beautiful little town!Your hotel seems to have been a good find..aren't the Falls amazing? Your Lauterbrunnen pages remind me of a recent visit to the area..

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Hi Kate, Certainly looks a nice town central to many things. I guess we could not go wrong here for a couple of night Sept'10. We have 5 more days in Switzerland - Where???

Maryimelda

“You can't solve a problem with the same mind that created it.”

Badges & Stats in Lauterbrunnen

Have you been to Lauterbrunnen?