"Lovely Little Lauterbrunnen....." Lauterbrunnen by Maryimelda
Lauterbrunnen Travel Guide: 262 reviews and 779 photos
Most of what visitors want to do in Lauterbrunnen is contained in one street. The rest of the village is residential. The valley and slopes are dotted with lovely little "Heidi" houses and the view over the village is sheer delight.
There is a vast difference in prices here (especially hotel prices) than in Interlaken, yet Lauterbrunnen is a short twenty minutes on a very regular train line from Interlaken. It is also twenty minutes closer to the Jungfraujoch, so why wouldn't you choose to stay there.
There is a little yellow train that goes up the hills to Wengen and of course the cable car to Muerren. From Wengen you can travel on to Kleine Sheidegg and then take the funicular to Jungrfraujoch. Simlarly you can take a train to Grindelwald via Zweiluetschinen and then on to Kleine Sheidegg and the Jungfraujoch.
- Pros:Just look at the pictures.
- Cons:Could do with a couple more good restaurants.
- In a nutshell:It is like stepping into the pages of "Heidi".
The falls are one of 72 waterflls in the Lauterbrunnen Valley. They are the only falls that people can get to via lift,... more travel advice
The main church for the Bernese Oberland region is of course, the Church of the Holy Ghost in Interlaken. The lovely... more travel advice
Maryimelda's Related Pages
Lauterbrunnen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lauterbrunnen - Switzerland"
- "a great base to explore the Jungfrau-region"
- "Exciting Time in Lauterbrunnen & Jungfrau"
- "HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE LAUTERBRUNNEN!"
- "Can I Retire Here?"
- "Magnificent Lauterbrunnen"
- "Lovely Little Lauterbrunnen....."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lauterbrunnen
- Hotels in Lauterbrunnen
- Transportation in Lauterbrunnen
- Nightlife in Lauterbrunnen
- Restaurants in Lauterbrunnen
- Shopping in Lauterbrunnen
- Warnings and Dangers in Lauterbrunnen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lauterbrunnen
- 9 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Lauterbrunnen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lauterbrunnen
- Posted in Travel Czech Republic Forum "Re: Prague, Budapest & Vienna -..."
- Commented on one of Mikebb's Lauterbrunnen travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lovely Little Lauterbrunnen....."
- updated a Lauterbrunnen Travel Page "Lovely Little Lauterbrunnen....."
- Wrote a Review Trummelbach Falls in Lauterbrunnen Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 137 reviews, 334 photos
- Paris Intro, 47 reviews, 152 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 46 reviews, 123 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 51 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 32 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucerne Intro, 29 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trier Intro, 25 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Freiburg im Breisgau Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mykonos Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 24 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (63)
Latest Lauterbrunnen hotel reviews
- Camping Jungfrau
- 113 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 25, 2013
- Hotel Staubbach
- 532 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 15, 2013
- Valley Hostel
- 129 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013
- Hotel Silberhorn
- 220 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Chalet Im Rohr
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Hotel Restaurant Schuetzen
- 111 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 14, 2013
- Hotel Oberland
- 214 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 14, 2013