Maienfeld Things to Do Tips by Maryimelda
Maienfeld Things to Do: 8 reviews and 14 photos
The Heidi House at Heidiland was apparently built to fit the description written about by Johanna Spyri.
The inside of the Heidi house is naturally far more interesting than the outside. Not a thing has been left out and you can even see the wheelchair used by Heidi's cousin Clara (who was unable to walk) when she came to visit the Alpen home. I must confess that my photos of the interior were a real disappointment but if you would like to see the inside you can do so:
When I saw it, I must admit that it reminded me quite a lot of the house as seen in one of the old Heidi movies. It is only one of the very attractive and interesting buildings in Heidiland. There is a fee to enter the house but not to enter Heidiland itself.
I think that I would not be the only one to say that my favourite part of Heidiland had to be meeting the little goats.
They are obviously very comfortable with the visitors and have no fear of the people or the cameras. They are obviously very well cared for as they look very healthy and sport lovely shiny coats. The kids especially loved them.
There are quite a few other buildings at Heidiland, all of which add to the lovely atmosphere.
Probably the most eyecatching is the Rathaus with its rose bushes and garden gnomes.
There is of course the souvenir and coffee shop and the Huhnerstall (Hen Coop)
Welcome to Heidiland
Heidiland is believed to be the home of the fictional Heidi, the heroine of Johanna Spyri's famous books written in the late 19th century. I booked the tour to Heidiland with a little trepidation as I felt sure it would be yet another tourist trap. I was pleasantly surprised however, as this was definitely not the case. The little complex is set in the beautiful green and grassy hills overlooking Maienfeld and is pleasingly quiet and peaceful.
There are a few wonderful little buildings and of course, the obligatory souvenir and coffee shop not to mention the herd of goats.
Directions: In the hills above the township.
Maryimelda's Related Pages
Maienfeld Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Magical Maienfeld"
- "Heidi - dream of my childhood days"
- "Heidi's House"
- "Heidi Land !"
- "Heidi's house near Maienfeld"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maienfeld
- Hotels in Maienfeld
- Transportation in Maienfeld
- Nightlife in Maienfeld
- Restaurants in Maienfeld
- Shopping in Maienfeld
- See All...
Explore the World
- Daly City Hotels
- Skipton Hotels
- Two Harbors
- Capistrano Beach
- Dunshaughlin Hotels
- Hangzhou Hotels
Badges & Stats in Maienfeld
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Maienfeld?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maienfeld
Photos in MaienfeldSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 137 reviews, 334 photos
- Paris Intro, 50 reviews, 159 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 46 reviews, 123 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 51 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 32 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucerne Intro, 29 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trier Intro, 25 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Freiburg im Breisgau Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mykonos Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 24 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (65)
Latest Maienfeld hotel reviews
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 10, 2012