"Lunch in Rapperswil" Rapperswil by Maryimelda

Rapperswil Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 62 photos

Perfectly picturesque

I had a short stopover for lunch in Rapperswil enroute to Maenfeld and Liechtenstein, but I chose to forgo the lunch in favour of a more extended look at this lovely little town. As it happened we were lucky to score some extra time as the air con on the bus was out of order and it was 33 deg. C. that day. So we had to wait for a replacement bus to be brought from Zurich. The extra time worked for me!

Small but perfectly formed, as they say.

Although it was scorchingly hot, it was a beautiful day to see such a pretty place. Everything about Rapperswil is clean and bright and fresh.

Ambience galore.

Rapperswil has a wonderful ambience that makes you just want to stroll for hours. Only trouble is there isn't enough of it to fill hours of strolling but for a nice stroll in lieu of lunch it is just perfect.

• Pros:Easy to walk in a short space of time
  • Cons:I'm thinking..................... Hmm, no.
  • In a nutshell:When you need to stretch your legs, this is the place to do it.
  • Last visit to Rapperswil: Aug 2011
  • Intro Updated Mar 9, 2012

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2013 at 10:07 PM

This is a great place isn't it Kate :o) We enjoyed our day trip here from Zurich. The only thing I remember about Rapperswil was that our AussieBarney fell in love with a dog!! Haha....no that's definitely not the only thing I remember lol :o) Love your pix and write up mate :o) Great memories!! Hugs, Ann xx

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
      Jun 7, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Hi Ann thanks for visiting Rapperswil again with me. It is a great little town and so peaceful and easy to get around. My son Billy (bbunter) is really looking forward to the Aussie Meet in WA. I would have dearly loved to come myself but I will be leaving for Europe again about that time. Hope it all goes well for you.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
      Jun 7, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Oh yes Kate.... we will be sure to make Billy feel welcome here! :o) He is going to have a fantastic time!! What a shame you could not come.... :o(
      Anyway, I am sure that we will meet sooner or later :o) Hugs Ann xx

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Lovely page Kate! This town looks gorgeous! I like all the old buildings, the lake views and of course, the large Rose garden!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Rapperswil is a really great place for a daytrip, but for some reason it is not a very popular place on VT ! your page reminds me of making mine as well some day !

Maryimelda

“You can't solve a problem with the same mind that created it.”

Badges & Stats in Rapperswil

Have you been to Rapperswil?

Latest Activity in Rapperswil