Schloss Neuschwanstein Transportation Tips by Maryimelda
Schloss Neuschwanstein Transportation: 28 reviews and 42 photos
Horse and carriage.....
To get from Hohenschwangau to Neuschwanstein, there are a number of options.
First option of course, is to walk. According to those in the know, it takes 30minutes to walk there and the way I look at it is, that if you are fit enough to walk it, you are fit enough to do it in 30 minutes.
There is, for the want of a better description, a rickety old bus which puts me in mind of a retired WWII troop carrier. The fare is 1.80 euro each way. Finally, there is the horse and carriage for 6 euro up and 3 euro down. No matter which option you choose, you will still have a good walk to the castle entrance. I used the troop carrier going up and the horse and carriage coming down. Apparently for once in my l,ife I made a good choice because the troop carrier leaves you at a spot where it is 85% downhill walk and 15% uphill walk to the entrance. If you continue on past the castle on the downhill road, you will come across the horse and carriage stop which is about 400-500 metres (just guessing) downhill from the top.
Bus station at Fuessen.....
Buses leave the Busbahnhof right outside the Train Station in Fuessen approximately every hour. Take bus #73 direction Steingaden or bus #78 direction Schwangau or Castles. 1.80 euro each way but free if you have a Bayern (Laender) ticket. When you get off the bus at Hohenschwangau you need to walk 100 metres uphill to buy your ticket for the castles (follow the signs).
Maryimelda's Related Pages
Schloss Neuschwanstein Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of the most beautiful places on the Earth!"
- "The masterpiece of a mystic man"
- "The fairy Tale castles"
- "The dream castle of King Ludwig"
- "Once upon a time.... Neuschwanstein Castle"
- "Over the edge on the way to Neuschwanstein"
- "Welcome to magic world of Ludwig II"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Hotels in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Transportation in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Nightlife in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Restaurants in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Shopping in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Warnings and Dangers in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Schloss Neuschwanstein?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Picture number twenty thousand"
- updated a Schloss Neuschwanstein Travel Page "The Noble Neuschwanstein......"
- Commented on one of Trekki's Schloss Neuschwanstein travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "From all angles....."
- Wrote a Review Enjoy the walk to the top..... in Schloss Neuschwanstein Things to Do
Photos in Schloss NeuschwansteinSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 137 reviews, 338 photos
- Paris Intro, 72 reviews, 263 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 46 reviews, 123 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 52 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 32 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucerne Intro, 29 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trier Intro, 25 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Freiburg im Breisgau Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mykonos Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 24 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues