"Oh my! Mykonos!" Top 5 Page for this destination Mykonos by Maryimelda

Mykonos Travel Guide: 430 reviews and 1,018 photos

I felt like I was stepping into a postcard.....

When I caught my first glimpse of the Port, I was quite overwhelmed. It was so different to anything that had gone before on this trip and the amazing thing was that it looked exactly like the pictures, which is not usually the case.

Two hours to Paradise.....

Mykonos is two short hours by seacat2 from Rafina. We travelled at the end of September and the trip was superb. About fifteen minutes after a quick stop at Tinos (which wasn't particularly attractive) we arrived in the old port of Mykonos Town (Hora).

The best was yet to come...

The owner of our hotel (Hotel Damianos) was waiting for us on the dock. This is a wonderful service offered by most of the hotels in the Greek Islands. I fully realise that many of them come down to meet the ferries to tout for business, but who cares? Even if we hadn't made a booking, it would have been so much easier to find accommodation this way than trudging around town dragging our luggage behind us.
In any event, we did have a booking and the hotel we had chosen was simply beyond belief in its beauty and its location.

• Pros:The fantastic holiday atmosphere.
  • Cons:Not a one.
  • In a nutshell:Photos could never possibly do it justice.
  • Last visit to Mykonos: Sep 2009
  • Intro Updated Jun 12, 2010

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2013 at 12:41 AM

What a nice introductory picture for your Mykonos guide! And what a nice way to start your trip....seeing the people dancing ...making a movie!

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2012 at 1:08 PM

What a wonderful place, I love the swimming pool on the roof of the hotel. I would love to visit Mykonos, thanks for the virtual tour of it :D

• gwened's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I have friend in Athens that with me to Univ and wanted to go there and hook up with Mykonos, has been a maybe place for me to visit.Nice page

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2011 at 8:48 AM

Sept 1970, landed at Mykonos at dawn on a ferry from Crete, just as the storks on their migration south were waking up. They were everywhere but within an hour all were gone - a great memory. Would I recognise the island of 40 years ago today?

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Excellent page Kate, a pity about the "rip off" scratch on the car. You certainly covered the island. We had 4 hours in Oct , cruise boat stop, just a taste of Mykonos.

• marybrigid's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Good page.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Greece is on my wish list and you have just fortified its standing. Tlhanks for the nice pics and tips, Kate.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2010 at 1:46 AM

Excellent tips and photo's.. The Greek Islands are so beautiful. I love those little white chapels, and the windmills, and the narrow streets, and much, much more!

Maryimelda

“You can't solve a problem with the same mind that created it.”

Badges & Stats in Mykonos

Have you been to Mykonos?

Latest Activity in Mykonos