"Up the Romantic Road to Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber.." Top 5 Page for this destination Rothenburg ob der Tauber by Maryimelda
Rothenburg ob der Tauber Travel Guide: 601 reviews and 1,864 photos
Rothenburg is one of the places I have been warned off more than many others because "there are so many tourists there". Personally, I did not find this a problem in any way shape or form, in fact, I think that especially from a shopping/restaurant point of view, Rothenburg would not be as interesting without us tourists flocking there every year. After all, why have dozens of interesting little shops and dozens of wonderful restaurants if there are not enough people to patronise them? Rothenburg has stacks of both, but first and foremost it has history and beauty in staggering proportions.
I know I must sound like a broken record at times because I go on and on and bloody on about strolling around a town first to get a feel for the place and to decide a plan of action for the in depth scrutiny to follow. My roam around Rothenburg was fascinating, with wondrous things around just about every corner. I got so carried away with my roaming that at one stage I found myself well and truly outside of the wall and wandering a green and leafy country pathway. Just beautiful.
Anyone travelling the Romantischestrasse in Bavaria, needs to allocate at the very least, two nights in Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber. This beautiful place will knock your socks off!
- Pros:Where do I begin?
- Cons:Not a one to be found....
- In a nutshell:A jewel in the crown of Bavaria, don't miss it.
This tip is an afterthought. I was just going over some old pictures and whilst I was perusing the pics that I had taken... more travel advice
If you are in need of a toilet as you walk around Rothenburg, you will find one at just about all of the gates in and... more travel advice
Maryimelda's Related Pages
Rothenburg ob der Tauber Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of the most romantic towns in Europe"
- "Up the Romantic Road to Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber.."
- ""Most German of German towns""
- "DIE ROMANTISCHE STRASSE"
- "TOURIST'S LOVE ROTHENBURG OB DER TAUBER!"
- "Not touched since 1600, re-virginized"
- "Romantic Rothenburg"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Hotels in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Transportation in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Nightlife in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Restaurants in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Shopping in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Warnings and Dangers in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- 32 Reviews
- 107 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Rothenburg ob der Tauber?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Posted in Travel Hallstatt Forum "Re: Fish resturant"
- Wrote a Review The flowers of Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber in Rothenburg ob der Tauber Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The flowers of Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber"
- Commented on one of Kuznetsov_Sergey's Rothenburg ob der Tauber travel pages
- updated a Rothenburg ob der Tauber Travelogue "Miscellaneous Rothenburg o.d.T."
Photos in Rothenburg ob der TauberSee All Photos (107)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 137 reviews, 338 photos
- Paris Intro, 60 reviews, 205 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 46 reviews, 123 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 52 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 32 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucerne Intro, 29 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trier Intro, 25 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Freiburg im Breisgau Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mykonos Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 24 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues