"Heavenly Hallstatt......." Top 5 Page for this destination Hallstatt by Maryimelda

Hallstatt Travel Guide: 214 reviews and 685 photos

Just like the pictures....

I had seen so many lovely pictures of Hallstatt in the lead up to my visit, that I almost knew exactly where to find everything in the town. It was just as I had expected it to be. When I looked across the lake from the train station, I had a feeling more of coming back than of coming for the first time.

Walkabout.....

I love little places that are easy to wander around and so I loved Hallstatt for that very reason. I had heard that there was not much shopping available there, but I found that there was more than enough for me.

A rest haven......

Most of what there is to be seen in Hallstatt can be seen in a day or maybe two at the most if you want to do the whole thing and go tho the Salt Mines and the Ice Caves etc. But here is a town that would make the perfect spot for a quiet few days of rest and recuperation. It truly is heavenly.

• Pros:Everything
  • Cons:Nothing
  • In a nutshell:A real storybook village......
  • Last visit to Hallstatt: Sep 2009
  • Intro Updated Mar 16, 2011

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I really do have to go to Austria someday! The scenery on your pages is just awesome!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2012 at 6:40 PM

great page mary!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2012 at 12:35 AM

You were blessed with lovely weather here, I wish we were, then we would have done the boat cruise. Those restaurants on the water front are so nice, I wouldn't want to leave. A lovely page!

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2011 at 1:42 PM

This is a very nice town and the old town square is so quaint and charming. The lake obviously has a lot of history and beauty attached.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2011 at 4:13 AM

Yes, you made me want to visit Hallstadt and stay in this lovely hotel, hop in the lake and shop until I drop in that soap and salt shop! Thanks for your inspiration :-))

• thegreynomad's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2011 at 11:03 PM

The scenery looks stunning around here. I especially like the sound of the cruise you did. This is a really good page.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2011 at 2:29 AM

I have to visit Hallstatt one day. Ciao!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2010 at 3:16 AM

Kate, I envy your ferry ride across the lake. Your main photo is a beauty. nice little town, we only had 2 hours there.

Maryimelda

“You can't solve a problem with the same mind that created it.”

Badges & Stats in Hallstatt

Have you been to Hallstatt?

Latest Activity in Hallstatt