"Fairyland for Real......" Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg by Maryimelda
Salzburg Travel Guide: 2,682 reviews and 6,443 photos
Our hotel was a little gem. The Vogelweiderhof, which is situated about fifteen minutes on the bus from the city centre right next door to a tavern that sells extremely well recommended wheat beer. Our rooms were clean and neat and very well appointed and we couldn't get over the trays of fresh fruit and sweets that lined the hallways for the guests to snack on whenever they wished.
We settled into our hotel very quickly and couldn't get on the bus right outside the door,to take us to the city centre quick enough. It only took us a few minutes to track down our first beer garden - The Garden Restaurant. The atmosphere was just as we had always imagined. The beer was cold and the Schnitzel delicious.
By this time we were getting more than a little weary as it had been a long day, so we headed back to the hotel and had an early night in readiness for the next day when we wanted to be ready to explore this beautiful place.
Next daywe were up with the crows and after a wonderful buffet breakfast (included in the price) at the hotel, we were back on that bus and on our way again. Not a stone was left unturned in the city centre that day and of course the highlight had to be the visit to the fort. I lost Billy somewhere within those big stone walls, so i had no other option than to sit and enjoy a coffee whilst overlooking the city and surrounds from up there in the clouds. More schnitzel and beer that night (you can never have too much schnitzel) and it was time to return to the hotel and have a last late night coffee in the restaurant/bar there before heading to bed.
After a leisurely breakfast the following morning, we were ready to head off to the station bound for Munich. We bade Salzburg a fond farewell with every promise of coming back soon.
I promised to return and return I did. My return to Salzburg was a very important feature of my Europe 2009 trip. What a joy it was to come back.
This time I stayed in the pedestrian area of the old town and had everything at my fingertips. I walked for miles, and savoured all the places and sights that I had missed on my previous visit. It was sheer delight.
- Pros:Wonder around every corner......
- Cons:Would I have gone back if there were any cons?
- In a nutshell:A warmhearted little city with a radiant beauty all its own..
The Schloss Hellbrunn or Hellbrunn Palace is one of the most sought out sights or attractions in Salzburg today. It was... more travel advice
The Dome above the High Altar reaches a height of 71 meters. It is adorned with eight frescoes depicting scenes from the... more travel advice
Maryimelda's Related Pages
Salzburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mozarts Music and Mozart's Kugeln & Nockerl"
- "The Hidden Wonders of Salzburg - A MUST SEE!"
- "One order of Salzburg, please . . ."
- "Fairyland for Real......"
- "SALZBURG - A CITY I LOVED!"
- "Mozart Music and More"
- "Salzburg and the central Austria lake region."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salzburg
- Hotels in Salzburg
- Transportation in Salzburg
- Nightlife in Salzburg
- Restaurants in Salzburg
- Shopping in Salzburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Salzburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salzburg
- 46 Reviews
- 123 Photos
- 28 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Salzburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salzburg
- Posted in Travel Liechtenstein Forum "Re: Liechtenstein"
- Commented on one of Maryimelda's Salzburg travel pages
- Wrote a Review Schloss Hellbrunn A baroque fun park about Schloss Hellbrunn in Salzburg Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mirabell"
- updated a Salzburg Travel Page "Fairyland for Real......"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 137 reviews, 338 photos
- Paris Intro, 72 reviews, 263 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 46 reviews, 123 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 52 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 32 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucerne Intro, 29 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trier Intro, 25 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Freiburg im Breisgau Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mykonos Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 24 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues