"Absolutely Amazing Annecy" Top 5 Page for this destination Annecy by Maryimelda

Annecy Travel Guide: 238 reviews and 723 photos

Just like Toyland.

When we arrived at the pedestrian zone and got out of the cab across the bridge from our hotel, I can remember thinking that it was just like being on the edge of Toyland. Not that I had ever been in Toyland mind you, other than in childhood dreams, but it was real storybook stuff, I can tell you.

Which way to look?

In Annecy, it is difficult to know which way to look first. There are delights to be seen in all directions. We wasted no time in checking in to our hotel and then relaxing over a leisurely lunch on the water's edge right near the famous Palais de L'lisle and quite simply just enjoying the ambience of this beautiful town. I was so glad that I had decided to have three nights here, I knew I was going to be happily occupied for every minute.

Busy and relaxing all at the same time

The weather was just perfect for the entire time I was in Annecy and this of course added to the sheer delight of the town. I had two and a half wonderfully relaxing and leisurely days but I was kept busy with new sights every moment. The Alps and Mont Blanc in the background, the magnificent Lake all around and the sensational Old Town to stroll. What more could anyone ask for in a holiday destination?

• Pros:Beauty, history and ice-cream.
  • Cons:Too many temptations for someone counting calories.
  • In a nutshell:What can I say? Absolutely amazing!
  • Last visit to Annecy: Sep 2011
  • Intro Updated Oct 15, 2012

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2014 at 11:28 AM

HI KAte this was most helpful. I may be going through annency this year as im flying in and out of geneva.

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2013 at 6:33 AM

Funny story about the crooked door :-)))) Too bad I didn't see this one when I was in "Toyland". I loved reading your pages and tips.

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Thanks for such great Annecy reviews Kate.Rex and I loved it but sadly we did not come across that florist,it looks amazing.
    Hugs Dorrise xx

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
      Oct 15, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Thanks Dorrise, glad you like the page. it was a delight to write as Annecy is such a wonderful place to visit. Hope you are keeping well. Kate

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
      Oct 15, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Taking one day at a time Kate and I keep busy on VT,gardening and going out with friends.
      Yes!Rex and I loved Annecy and I would love to revisit one day.
      Dorrise ((()))

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Kate, You have brought back happy memories of my time in this delightful town.
    I never found the tea shop. I think that is a wonderful idea what they are doing. The food, how would I know what to choose, all looks enticing!

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
      Oct 13, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Thanks Dee. I'm still working on it, but I must admit that it is a page that I am enjoying doing because it is all so pretty.

Maryimelda

“You can't solve a problem with the same mind that created it.”

Badges & Stats in Annecy