"Sort of Sad Suva" Suva by Maryimelda
Suva Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 162 photos
It was a beautiful sunny day when we visited Suva, so I guess I can't blame the weather for my slight disappointment at what we found (or didn't find) there.
Our first sight of the city as the coach drove in was of a graffitti plastered filthy looking jail. This was something out of the dark ages, I'm sure and I could only be eternally grateful that I was not incarcerated there. I don't think it would be too congenial at all. Still how criminals are treated in Fiji is entirely up to the Fijian government and none of my business. It's just such a pity that this eyesore of a building doubles as a "welcome mat" for the country's capital city.
Things did improve a little as we moved along further and we did have quite an enjoyable few hours there. I particularly enjoyed the hamburger I had for lunch, though it would have been better had the mustard not run down the front of my shirt!!!
- Pros:A lot greener than the Nadi area.
- Cons:Some very sad, dirty buildings.
- In a nutshell:Not on my short list for a return visit.
The original Government House was built in 1882, but was struck by lightning in 1921. In 1928 it was rebuilt. It is... more travel advice
Maryimelda's Related Pages
Suva Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "to Suva by cruise & I enjoyed it a lot !"
- "Cheap shopping, cheap people"
- "Sort of Sad Suva"
- "Celebrating the New Year 2015 in Albert Park"
- "Suva the Capital of Fiji"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Suva
- Hotels in Suva
- Transportation in Suva
- Restaurants in Suva
- Shopping in Suva
- Warnings and Dangers in Suva
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Suva
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Suva?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Suva
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 137 reviews, 338 photos
- Paris Intro, 72 reviews, 263 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 46 reviews, 123 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 52 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 32 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucerne Intro, 29 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trier Intro, 25 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Freiburg im Breisgau Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mykonos Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 24 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues