"Viseisei - Where it all began." Viseisei by Maryimelda
Viseisei Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 19 photos
Viseisei is believed to be th village that the firt Fijian settlers founded. Whether they came from Egypt or some other African Nation, still seems to be a matter for discussion.
This is a lovely little village which is very well kept, which is more than can be said for many such villages in Fiji. The people of Viseisei take pride in their village and have amny handcrafts for sale to visitors as well as a very friendly and informative local tour guide to show you around.
- Pros:Well ordered welcoming little village.
- In a nutshell:Its history is quite fascinating.
Fijians are Christians these days and they enjoy freedom of religion. In most villages the villagers share the same... more travel advice
The chief's house stands in pride of place in the middle of the village. It is usually marked with a circle of stones... more travel advice
Maryimelda's Related Pages
Viseisei Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Viseisei
- 5 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Viseisei?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Viseisei
Photos in ViseiseiSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 137 reviews, 334 photos
- Paris Intro, 50 reviews, 159 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 46 reviews, 123 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 51 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 32 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucerne Intro, 29 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trier Intro, 25 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Freiburg im Breisgau Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mykonos Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 24 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues