"First stop Strasbourg......" Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg by Maryimelda
Strasbourg Travel Guide: 926 reviews and 2,778 photos
It's a long time since I travelled solo and I have never travelled in Europe alone till now. This trip I decided to go it alone for purely selfish reasons. I wanted to be able to go where I wanted to go and see and do what I wanted to see and do. So I farewelled my travel buddy in Paris and headed off on the IDTGV to Strasbourg. The next four weeks were mine to do with what I wished.
I spent the first afternoon taking a train to Colmar and have reported this on my new Colmar page. After dinner I went to an Internet Cafe across the road from my hotel and refreshed my memory on the VT Strasbourg Travel pages so that I would know exactly where to begin the following morning. I decided that the best way to get off to a good start was to take the advice of Sally (beausoleil) who recommends the Batorama ride on the River Ill to get acquainted with Strasbourg and what it has to offer and at the same time to get my bearings. It was great advice, I thoroughly enjoyed the ride.
Strasbourg like so many other European cities is indeed my kinda town. This means it is a city which is easy to walk around and where so much can be seen in a short space of time with very little effort. The cathedral is eye-popping to say the least as is the European Parliament. Petite France is gorgeous and just wandering around the streets with their lovely half timber buildings is a joy.
- Pros:Easy to wander around.
- Cons:None come to mind.
- In a nutshell:I'd go back tomorrow given half a chance.
Strasbourg is a really good base for daytrips. You can be in Heidelberg in about two hours by train and the trains are... more travel advice
Colmar is a gorgeous little town about half hour by train from Strasbourg. It is filled with quaint and colourful... more travel advice
Maryimelda's Related Pages
Strasbourg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marchés de Noël in Strasbourg"
- "WHICH COUNTRY DO I BELONG TO!"
- "weekend in Strasbourg"
- "Strasbourg - At the crossroads of Europe"
- "First stop Strasbourg......"
- "European town"
- "Opera and Cycling in Strasbourg"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Strasbourg
- Hotels in Strasbourg
- Transportation in Strasbourg
- Nightlife in Strasbourg
- Restaurants in Strasbourg
- Shopping in Strasbourg
- Warnings and Dangers in Strasbourg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Strasbourg
- 22 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Strasbourg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Strasbourg
- Posted in Travel Padova Forum "Re: Transport from Venice to Padua"
- Commented on one of Maryimelda's Strasbourg travel pages
- Wrote a Review Day Trips - Heidelberg in Strasbourg Things to Do
- updated a Strasbourg Travelogue "The Streets of Strasbourg......."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Wonderfully maintained houses"
Photos in StrasbourgSee All Photos (58)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 137 reviews, 334 photos
- Paris Intro, 54 reviews, 176 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 46 reviews, 123 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 51 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 32 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucerne Intro, 29 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trier Intro, 25 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Freiburg im Breisgau Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mykonos Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 24 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (65)
Latest Strasbourg hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Strasbourg City Center
- 87 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Hotel Arc-En-Ciel
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 18, 2013
- Formule 1 Strasbourg Pont de l'Europe
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 2, 2013
- Maison Rouge Hotel
- 149 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 17, 2013
- Hotel Cathedrale
- 76 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 16, 2013
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 13, 2013
- Ibis Strasbourg Centre Ponts Couverts
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 12, 2013
- Auberge de jeunesse Rene Cassin
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2012
- Premiere Classe Strasbourg
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 20, 2013
- Novotel Strasbourg Centre Halles
- 102 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Etap Hotel Strasbourg Centre Gare
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 11, 2013
- Hotel Michelet
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Hotel Regent Petite France
- 223 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 13, 2013
- HOTEL DES PRINCES
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 17, 2013
- Hotel Hannong
- 156 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013