"Delightful Dinkelsbuehl, a monument to culture...." Top 5 Page for this destination Dinkelsbühl by Maryimelda

Dinkelsbühl Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 87 photos

I wish I'd said that!

Dinkelsbuehl certainly is delightful and certainly is a monument to culture. I don't rightly remember who said that, but it is very true. It's only a little town, but it stands as tall and as majestic as any town or city in Germany. I love it with a passion.

Grab a map and away we go....

There is a wonderful map that is available at most hotel desks and it could easily be named "Dinkelsbuehl for Dummies". There is a great walk mapped out which covers just about all of the attractions in the town and is easily walked in a few hours.

Don't be afraid to ask.....

The townspeople are very welcoming and friendly. I had a lovely couple approach me when they saw me studying the map and they asked if I needed help. I told them I was familiarising myself with the town and was trying to ascertain the whereabouts of the Schweinemarkt as that was where my bus would leave from the next day. They quite simply offered to walk with me to show me where it was. That's them in the main photo.

• Pros:Everything...
  • Cons:Nothing.....
  • In a nutshell:Just go.
  • Last visit to Dinkelsbühl: Sep 2009
  • Intro Updated Dec 9, 2009

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2013 at 6:01 AM

Oh this is a lovely little town :-) And next time it seems we shall visit Nördlingen too :-)

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2011 at 5:31 AM

I visited this cozy town too a year ago. Too bad that the commentary during the carriage ride was only in German. They should at least add English. Nice page!

• iaint's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2011 at 5:30 AM

I think I'm going there on Easter Sunday, but I might have the wrong town. Anyway, looks nice!

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2010 at 8:36 PM

How could a town called Dinkelsbuhl not be delightful? Thanks for the little tour - 4 sorts of sausage on a plate would make the trip a must for MrL even before he set off to se the gates.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2010 at 2:31 AM

Good page! Love all those gates, so tall & magnificent, and all those coloured buildings are wonderful, so different to here!

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2010 at 10:24 PM

I'm so glad I saw your remark about your page of Dinkelsbühl. Reading it brought back memories.I was there some years ago with my mother and we both enjoyed it very much. Thank you.

Maryimelda

“You can't solve a problem with the same mind that created it.”

Badges & Stats in Dinkelsbühl

Have you been to Dinkelsbühl?