"Alkmaar" Alkmaar by Igraine
Alkmaar Travel Guide: 126 reviews and 345 photos
What shall i say, i only come to Alkmaar to shop. It has a wide variety off all kinds off shops, from a big department store to little specialised shops.
What makes it an interesting town for tourists is the weekly cheese market on Thursday morning. It takes place on the Waagplein. Furthermore it has canals and some small streets filled with historic places and antique shops just off the main shopping streets.
- Pros:great shopping
The great or St Laurens church is main focus point in this city. Its an basilique from the 15th century. The interior of... more travel advice
Like allot of dutch cities Alkmaar also had a wall to protect itself for attackers like the Spanish in the 80 year war... more travel advice
Igraine's Related Pages
Alkmaar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alkmaar from the inside"
- "another pretty Dutch town - with lots of cheese!"
- "A little page about Alkmaar"
- "Alkmaar, The Netherlands"
- "Alkmaar on a hot sunny day"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alkmaar
- Hotels in Alkmaar
- Transportation in Alkmaar
- Nightlife in Alkmaar
- Restaurants in Alkmaar
- Shopping in Alkmaar
- Warnings and Dangers in Alkmaar
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Alkmaar
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Alkmaar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alkmaar
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 27 reviews, 66 photos, 6 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Middenbeemster Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 9 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bergen Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Marbella Intro, 4 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues