Middenbeemster Things to Do Tips by Igraine
Middenbeemster Things to Do: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Soon after the polder was dry they made plans to build a church. The church should be grand enough to please the rich merchants from Amsterdam so they asked two very wellknown architect, Hendrik de Keyser and Pieter Post to design and build this church.
The project was finished in 1623. Inside the church is be big organ that recently has been restored to its former glory.
Inside there are benches to sit on, if you look closely you can see that one side is higher then the other side. This was because the the watership management people were thought to be more important then the people managing the land. So they got higher benches to sit on.
Address: Middenweg at the crossroad
Middenbeemster has its own tourist office/infocenter it doubles as the Agriculture museum.
The office is situated in the old farm the Westerhem. You can find all possible sorts of information there.
Also go there for the information about the Beemster as World Heritage Site.
Address: Middenweg 185
Phone: (0299) 621 826
The annual funfair at the end of July. It is THE event of each year. Since it is in the middle of summer hollidays its always busy and we hope for sunny weather.
Feast lasts a week and all kinds activities take place next to the actual funfair. Large part of the "fun" takes places in the cafe´s, beer is a major important ingredient in this week.
Directions: village center
More Reviews (11)
Igraine's Related Pages
Middenbeemster Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Hometown"
- "Landscape on the world heritage list"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Middenbeemster
- Hotels in Middenbeemster
- Transportation in Middenbeemster
- Restaurants in Middenbeemster
- Shopping in Middenbeemster
- See All...
Explore the World
- Harlem Hotels
- Apollo Bay Hotels
- Big Pocono State Park Hotels
- San Miguel de Cozumel
- Shirdi Hotels
Badges & Stats in Middenbeemster
- 14 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 47 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Middenbeemster?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Middenbeemster
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 27 reviews, 66 photos, 6 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 9 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Middenbeemster Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergen Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Marbella Intro, 4 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues