"Sea, Sand, Dunes" Terschelling by Igraine
Terschelling Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 130 photos
The vacation spot of my childhood. We used to come here every summer holliday for our anual dose of sumshine, fun, sea, nature and pretty villages.
We always camped here on one of the numerous camping grounds. The bicycle was our main mean of transportation. The island has lots of bicylce trails covering the whole island.
This island is one of Waddeneilanden situated on the northside of our country. It is a wellknown holliday spot for families and youngster going on their first holliday without parents (and you can imagine where that leads to, loads of drinking, partying and the latter).
It is a great island for stressed people wanting to relax. The sea is always near, and the very broad beach makes that it is never crowded when you walk there. Just listen to the surf and seagulls.
This picture shows the Terschellinger flag and the blue flag. The blue flag shows you that the water has been tested and found fit for swimming. And i can assure that the water is much cleaner then the ordinary Northsea beach.
This is the Brandaris taken from upclose.
(A "nighthawk" pic)
- Pros:Wonderfull nature, i always feel at home here
- Cons:it can be too crowded in summer
- In a nutshell:I want to go back, NOW
The island also has some woodlands these days. It was planted in the 30tes when we had some kind of a depression here as... more travel advice
Since this island is surrouned by the sea you can do all sorts of watersports. But because of the always available wind... more travel advice
Igraine's Related Pages
Terschelling Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LOVELY TERSCHELLING"
- "Sea, Sand, Dunes"
- "Baiba Hopping the Frisian Islands"
- "Terschelling _ Oerol"
- "Back to Terschelling even if I become 100"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Terschelling
- Hotels in Terschelling
- Transportation in Terschelling
- Nightlife in Terschelling
- Restaurants in Terschelling
- Shopping in Terschelling
- See All...
Explore the World
- Arevalo Hotels
- Massaponax Hotels
- Campo de Criptana
- Zions View Hotels
- Cavite City
- Great Falls Hotels
- Grand View-on-Hudson Hotels
- Schramberg Hotels
- Glass House Mountains National Park
- Rio Grande
- Distrito de Lisboa
- Winding Stair Mountain National Recreation Area
Badges & Stats in Terschelling
- 9 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Terschelling?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Terschelling
Photos in TerschellingSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 27 reviews, 66 photos, 6 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 9 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Middenbeemster Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergen Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Marbella Intro, 4 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues