Isle of Skye Things to Do Tips by Igraine
Isle of Skye Things to Do: 230 reviews and 374 photos
peak in the Cuillin mountains
You see the most when you are driving around of course. But getting out of your car and have a short or long walk, whatever you prefer, really is worth the effort. I say effort because coming from the Netherlands i am not used to walking on hilly roads.
Lucky it was dry when we went walking because the island has its reputation for being rainy and misty. That iis what gives it its name, the misty isle, deriving from the old norwegian language.
Do watch out for the soft, boggy spots tho! A member of my group went a little bit of track and stepped into a boghole. She was covered with mud till her knees!
Directions: We went to the Trotternish, thats the north-eastern part of the isle.
More Reviews (4)
Igraine's Related Pages
Isle of Skye Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Flaite do'n Eilean Sgitheanach"
- "ISLE of SKYE"
- "An t-Eilean -- The Island"
- "Isle of Skye Travel Tips - Scotland Travel Secrets"
- "Over The Sea To Skye"
- "The Skye legend"
- "Magical Isle of Skye"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isle of Skye
- Hotels in Isle of Skye
- Transportation in Isle of Skye
- Nightlife in Isle of Skye
- Restaurants in Isle of Skye
- Shopping in Isle of Skye
- Warnings and Dangers in Isle of Skye
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isle of Skye
- 5 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Isle of Skye?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isle of Skye
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 27 reviews, 66 photos, 6 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Middenbeemster Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 9 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bergen Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Marbella Intro, 4 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues