"Igraine's Ystad Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Ystad by Igraine
Ystad Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 92 photos
Above a prehistoric stone cirkel near Ystad. Very very impressive. Its a large oval shaped of unknown use (as usual). In general they (historians and archeologist) say it is for religious use when there isnt any other clue.
Its standing on top of the clifs from wich you have a very good view on the nearby surroundings. The sea (Ystad has good but small sandy beaches) and the farmland. It can only be reached by car. You leave the car and start to climb up the hill.
Readers of Henning Mankel books wil be familiar with the sights you can see there. Or the other way around once back you can imagine where things have taken place.
- Pros:Very nice little town
The prehistoric stone circle as featured on my homepage is truly magnificent. You need to climb a steep path to get... more travel advice
Igraine's Related Pages
Ystad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The half timbered town"
- "Kurt Wallander's Beat!"
- "Igraine's Ystad Page"
- "Ystad is a calm atmospheric town"
- "Inspector Wallander?"
- "YSTAD-BEAUTIFULL CITY IN THE SOUTH OF SWEDEN"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ystad
- Hotels in Ystad
- Transportation in Ystad
- Restaurants in Ystad
- Shopping in Ystad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ystad
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Ystad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ystad
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 27 reviews, 66 photos, 6 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Middenbeemster Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 9 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bergen Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Marbella Intro, 4 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues