"* * * Intro to me * * *" Igraine's Profile

welcome to all my friends

No Gluhwein meet for me this year. I was ok with it but now the date actually is getting closer I start to feel sorry for myself. It is such a fixture on my agenda for december.
In stead I uploaded some of my pictures from last year to the site. Way over due, I know. But better late then never.

2013 has been a slow travel year until October. Phew! Two trips in two weeks, on to Gran Canaria and a week later to Paris again. And I have still the Gluhwein meet coming up. Which will be busy from the look of it.

At the end of May I went to Paris for an extended weekend and it was wonderfull. I had never been to Paris before ( shame on me!) but I liked it very much. It was good to se the place for real. A bit like meeting VT friends. Will they be as nice as the are online, that kind of idea.
The best news is that there are tentative plans to go again in October. This time with different travel partner. So I am keeping my fingers crossed.

No plans for summer as yet but the highlight of every December month is already planned, the 10th Gluhwein meet.

Karlsruhe

Meetings are wonderful! They really are. They give a whole different perspective on going somewhere. It is not all about the place you are going to see but also about the people you are going to meet. New people, familiar faces and people that feel like a second family. Making you wish they lived a bit more closer to home. Then again part of the fun is leaving home.

At this year's gluhwein meeting we girls roughened it up at the best western queens hotel in Karlsruhe. And look they did serve something else besides gluhwein as well. Tequila sunrise, Singapore sling and planters Punch. Cheers girls :)

Winter Holiday

I went to France for a skiing holiday first time in my life February 2005. It was a great experience and certainly something I would like to repeat in the future. I just loved all the snow! Maybe that is because we dont get snow in the Netherlands that i like it so much. And i love the smell of snow, where i live in Middenbeemster it always seems to smell like mud.

I have made my La Toussuire page. I have added it under Fontcouverte-la Toussuire.

me

Me 1 years old with 2 of my favorite things sun and water.

Katjanokka in Helsinki is great for watching early 20th century architecture

How much more typical Holland can you get then windmills on a dike?

I love history, the older the better. In 2011 I had the opportunity to visit the archaeological museum in Les Eyzies in France.
Les Eyzies is located in the Dordogne were they have found a lot of prehistoric sites and caves.

• Intro Updated Nov 26, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!