"A Wonderful Month in Novi" Novi Vinodolski by accpower

Novi Vinodolski Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 63 photos

First stop, Zagreb

I went to Croatia to stay for a month with my best friend from college. We spent the first few days in Zagreb, which was a wonderful city. It was a little slow, as it was summer & the locals flee to the coast. Unfortunately, I caught a bug on my flight over & was jet-lagged, so did not fully enjoy this city.

Next stop, Novi

It was a beautiful drive from Zagreb to Novi Vinodolski. Once there, we stayed at my friend's family apartment, which overlooked the Adriatic with a view of Krk. We spent the summer at the beach by day, a favorite bar by night. It was absolutely a wonderful month, especially for a recent college grad. :) We had originally planned several side trips (Vienna, Dobrovnik, etc.) but, we were having so much fun where we were that we never left. We did take one day-trip to Venice, which was magical despite a massive hangover. ;) In retrospect, I wish we had gotten down to the Dalmatian coast but, perhaps in the future. I highly recommend Croatia to anyone wanting a relaxing Adriatic getaway.

• Pros:Friendly people, relaxed atmosphere
  • Cons:The summer I was there was colder than usual. Oh well.
  • In a nutshell:A wonderful Adriatic atmosphere
  • Last visit to Novi Vinodolski: Jul 1996
  • Intro Written Feb 5, 2007

accpower's Related Pages

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Novi Vinodolski

Have you been to Novi Vinodolski?

Latest Activity in Novi Vinodolski