"The Travelin' Tanenbaums exploring two worlds" worldromer's Profile
We have a very special relationship with this awesome island. As 'innkeepers' we have had the good fortune to visit Maui about 35 times since 1983. It's serene 'Garden of Eden' qualities always beckon. And new adventures are just around the corner.
Imagine Hawaii 60 years ago sans high rises, cities, traffic jams etc. Our first visit found us 'hooked. Four visits in all, in the early to mid 90's. Pictured is Cooks Bay described by Frommer as the most beautiful bay in all the South Pacific. We agree.
Divemaster Philipe did a daily morning Shark feeding dive in Moorea's crystal clear, warm waters. He would bring a tuna to draw 40-50 black tipped reef sharks. Sitting in a circle we viewed the shark feed. Then, we were free to disperse, explore AND swim amoung the no longer (we hoped) hungry sharks. This one is passing by my video lens at a distance of about 12-14 inches.
Enjoying yet another new Maui activity, Kayaking off the south West Maui coast. Minutes after the 'above' world picture of me in the Kayak was taken I was in the water swimming with this turtle and taking the turtle shot from about 1-2 feet away.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 4 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great Jewish walking tour of Florence"
- Wrote a Review Great Jewish walking tour of Florence in Florence Off The Beaten Path
- Posted in Travel Monterosso al Mare Forum "A la carte train, walk, boat..."
- Uploaded a Video to Barcelona
- updated a Barcelona Travel Page "Ramblin' the RAMBLA - HUMAN STATUES 'ROCK'"
updated their Profile Page "The Travelin' Tanenbaums exploring two worlds"
VideosSee All Videos (3)
- Lahaina 1 review, 5 photos
- Paris 1 review, 3 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Florence 1 review, 1 photo
No friends yet.