"The Travel Bug" bognerbabe's Profile

Early Days

When I was in my early twenties ( way back in the 60's),I ventured out on my first trip to Europe.Not a care in the world! Life was great! My boyfriend and I did the 10 month trip to Europe via the Ryndam, a Holland America ship , crossing the Atlantic in five days. Got a job for a couple of months at Selfridges department store in London as a supervisor in the cafeteria. I was pretty surprised to land such a job being only 20 with no references. I guess because I was attending university, they thought I had the qualifications. It was so easy in those days to get jobs like that in London. The other offer I had was a clerical job at Harrod’s. I lasted about two months at the job and left for sunnier climes!

Hitchhiking and Youth Hostel Days

After leaving London on a snowy day in January, my boyfriend and I hitchhiked down the coast of France, Spain and into northern Italy where we bought a shiny new white Vespa at the factory in Genoa. Then we headed south for more sun in Greece and on the island of Crete, where we stayed a few nights in the caves in Matala. We ended our journey in the Netherlands. In those days we stayed in youth hostels. Great times! I guess that's how it all started! I love to travel, especially in Europe. I hope to go back and visit Crete this year.

Enthusiastic Home Exchangers

My husband and I our enthusiastic home exchangers having done twenty-seven ranging from a 27 room castle in France to a Manhattan apartment. Our frist exchange was in Provence where we shared a home with a dog, a cat, a rabbir and a hen!

Twelve of them were in France, our favorite country so far. Our other great exchanges were in Austria, Australia, England, Mexico, Canada and the US (California, Hawaii, Colorado, and New York). We are working on our 28th for this summer which will be in the south of France, Frejus.

• Intro Updated Feb 3, 2007

Personal Pages (1)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
bognerbabe's Profile Photo

bognerbabe

“Nothing is worth more than this Day!”

Ranked Member