"CORON - SERENITY AT ITS BEST!" Coron by ayson97

Coron Travel Guide: 195 reviews and 511 photos

Club Paradise

The Seair flight was a little unnerving since it was just a small plane.

My husband and I stayed in Club Paradise for 3d/2nights before staying at Coron proper.

Waves were bigger that time (I think since it was February) so we weren't able to swim on the beach a lot. Guests who would like to snorkel and dive will enjoy more in this resort since they can rent a boat that can bring them to a better diving spot.

We went up to the "Eagle's Point" the highest area (30 minute walk) where you can take a nice picture to the island from the top. It was tiring since I lacked exercise but the view from the top made the walk worth-while.

The ambiance in the resort was serene, food was good.

Since we were in an island, cellphone reception was hard particularly in our room. No TV too.

What to do when you have nothing to do? Relax and smile away at the camera!!!

Darayonan - A Home For Us

We enjoyed our stay at Coron Proper more since there are more things to discover and explore.

We stayed at Darayonan for 4d/3n. We availed of their island hopping packages (around 7500/person all in - my sis-in-law and her husband joined us).

Food was SUPERB and A-PLENTY!!! It was not buffet but the food servings were large for the four of us.

The lodge is just walking distance from the market, church and other souvenir shops.

The staff were very accommodating and helped us order our pasalubongs - danggit & cashews.

Sir Chin was great and very nice to communicate with. I made our reservation thru phone ( he was based in Manila). But on our last day, he arrived in the resort to attend to the SMART employees who got in the day before. He tried to say hello and dropped by our rooms. Unfortunately we were souvenir shopping in the market. He just texted me to say hello and even instructed his staff to give us free lunch since our plane was leaving late in the afternoon. I say HE'S THE BEST!!!

Coron Island Tours c/o Darayonan

For day 1 in Coron Proper
We enjoyed the clean waters and serenity.of the Kayangan Lake. The lake was so clear we saw shrimps swimming near the wooden steps. Had satisfying picnic lunch at Banol beach. A nice dip in Maquinit Hot Springs followed.

Day 2 we went to Twin Lagoons. Enjoyed this a lot since I was able to swim under the small passage so we can reach the other side of the lagoon. Had lunch in an isolated island. Snorkeled at Siete Pecados and Skeleton Wreck. Going to the barracuda lake , we had to brave the steep and irregular steps. This part of the tour is not for the faint- hearted. Only my husband swam in the lake since it was very deep. After a tiring day, we satisfied our cravings in Bistro Coron, a place that served great pizzas.

Day3 We went to Kalumbuyan Island. We snorkeled to our heart's content. Then we had lunch crab, pork & seaweed salad (yummy) and fresh buko that the caretaker of the island just got from the tree - nothing can beat that lunch!!!.
After an hour rest, we dropped by the Coral Garden but we're still too tired to snorkel.

Day 4. My sis-in-law and her husband climb Mt Tapyas. They said the view from up there was spectacular. Went to mass since it was Sunday and souvenir shopping in the market. After getting the pasalubongs we requested the staff to get for us, we went to the airport and did more shopping in the nearby souvenir stores while we waited for our flight home.

DEFINITELY THIS WON'T BE OUR LAST VISIT TO CORON!!!

• Pros:Spectacular views, great food, friendly people
  • Cons:Just a small number of souvenir shops
  • In a nutshell:Coron A Paradise On Its Own