"Burgundy - Towns, vines, wines etc" Top 5 Page for this destination Bourgogne by PierreZA
Bourgogne Travel Guide: 1,090 reviews and 3,378 photos
During the last 10 days of April 2007 I traveled with 2 very good friends through the beautiful Burgundy in France.
Although there may be many ways of experiencing this wonderful area of France, we rented a car, which gave us lots of freedom.
Wine might be at the heart of the goings on here, but there are many other very interesting things to do and to explore.
I can also say that the people of Burgundy are of the most friendly I ever came across (despite the fact that we are not fluent in French).
People were welcoming and appreciated the fact that we came all the way from South Africa to visit Burgundy, and enjoy their wine, food and culture.
We actually started our trip from Troyes (Champagne), and ended our travels in Cluny.
There are many villages and small towns to visit, but also a city like Dijon.
Burgundy also have a very rich history, and don't forget the amazing food you find here.
Do spend enough time here, don't try and do it in 2 or 3 days - you'll miss too much!
Enjoy this wonderful part of France!
We passed through many villages, but also spent some time in many towns.
Tonnerre - Chablis - Dijon - Fixin - Gevrey-Chambertin - Nuits-St-George - Clos de Vougeot - Beaune - Pernand Vergelesses - Cluny - Solutre.
- Pros:A very unique and special experience, will do it again
What a delightful town. Very rich in history and beautiful surroundings! We stayed for two nights. Very friendly people... more travel advice
Drive through Fixin right to the top. There you will find a choice of three hiking trails, which differs in distance and... more travel advice
PierreZA's Related Pages
Bourgogne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LA BOURGOGNE - l'art et le plaisir de vivre..."
- "Burgundy - Towns, vines, wines etc"
- "Bourgogne in general"
- "Driving and Drinking (safely, of course)"
- "a Wine Lover's Paradise"
- "Burgundy canal boating."
- "Welcome to my Bourgogne Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bourgogne
- Hotels in Bourgogne
- Transportation in Bourgogne
- Nightlife in Bourgogne
- Restaurants in Bourgogne
- Shopping in Bourgogne
- Warnings and Dangers in Bourgogne
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bourgogne
- 61 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Bourgogne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bourgogne
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 43 reviews, 76 photos
- South Africa Intro, 43 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mumbai Intro, 46 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 50 reviews, 45 photos
- Jordan Intro, 31 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 34 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sri Lanka Intro, 35 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Falls Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos
- Cairo Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (31)
Top Bourgogne hotels
- Dijon Hotels
- 185 Reviews - 444 Photos
- Beaune Hotels
- 122 Reviews - 366 Photos
- Auxerre Hotels
- 66 Reviews - 260 Photos
- Puligny-Montrachet Hotels
- 4 Hotels
- Vézelay Hotels
- 58 Reviews - 198 Photos
- Nevers Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 46 Photos
- Tournus Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 50 Photos
- Cluny Hotels
- 28 Reviews - 75 Photos
- Avallon Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 34 Photos
- Meursault Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 15 Photos
- Vougeot Hotels
- 16 Reviews - 31 Photos
- Vosne-Romanée Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Viré Hotels
- 4 Hotels
- Vincelottes Hotels
- 1 Review - 8 Photos
- Villefargeau Hotels
- 1 Hotel